Director of Clinical Services - Services for the UnderServed (Brooklyn, NY)
As a leading provider of residential and support services to individuals with special needs,Services for the UnderServedprovides the resources you need to build on your experience amidst our culture of team support. Ongoing training and attention to your development help to ensure your success. Your achievements and leadership are rewarded by advancement opportunities. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
SUSis currently seeking an experienced mental health professional for the highly visible position ofClinic Director. The Director is responsible for overseeing a vibrant and growing Article 31 mental health clinic that provides services to a diverse client population in Brooklyn.
The successful candidate will initially spend 50% of their time assuming the clinical, operational and fiscal leadership of this program including:
- Provide leadership to clinic staff on leading edge treatment practices and the use of individual and group modalities
- Provide direction and oversight of clinic staff in the use of Recovery and Trauma informed Treatment practices including but not limited to Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) and the use of concurrent documentation.
- Ensure that excellent patient care, in line with State and Agency mandates, is uniformly provided and s/he monitors operations to certify that best-practice methodologies are uniformly employed /reviewed/and updated as necessary.
- Providing supervision and direction to clinical and support staff in the operation of the clinic to ensure accurate and timely completion of Treatment Plans and Progress notes as well as service authorizations required by managed care companies
- Oversee and direct clinic resources effectively to insure that clients are served in a timely manner without prolonged waiting times
- Ensure that the Clinic operates in accordance with NYS OMH Licensing requirements
- Determine service capacity requirements on an ongoing basis and hiring additional therapists to handle growing demand as / when needed
- Oversee the quality initiatives and insure consumer satisfaction
- Maintain current relationships with various State and regulatory bodies while cultivating additional resources and relationships with organizations that may be able to assist us in meeting our various mandates. Utilize data driven approaches involving metrics / outcome measures and best practices in problem solving
The successful candidate will also spend 50% of their time performing clinical training to programs in the Mental Health and PLWA Divisions of SUS. This training will focus on promoting best practices within SUS and also include conducting Case Conferences.
- Strong knowledge of clinic-based, community mental health services, managed care requirements, OMH and DOH regulations.
- Experience acting in senior administrative and leadership roles.
- Master's Degree in Social Work. LCSW preferred.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills are essential. Minimum of five (5) years of closely related experience.
If interested, please apply online at http://careers-sus.icims.com/jobs/1622/login
• Post ID: 36667576 newyork