What you’ll be doing...
The Manager position will be a member of the Global Supply Chain Consumer Shipments team. The primary function of the applicant will be to manage the Bill of materials for Verizon consumer shipments. This will include managing several suppliers and insuring pack-out of consumer shipments is consistent and delivers a great customer experience.
The role requires the collaboration with several Verizon partner organizations including field operations, marketing, customer experience and Logistics planning, distribution and manufacturing. There will be a strong focus on delivering the best customer experience while maintaining best cost for Verizon and our customers. Another key function of this role will be creating collaborative relationships with several suppliers and 3PLs.
The candidate will develop and lead broad projects and programs in support of the organization. These projects will require evaluating and understanding key business requirements, tracking financial impacts and operational concerns and reporting progress continuously. They will also represent the supply chain on new initiatives.
- Collaborates closely with key business partners on introduction of new products including documentation of new or improved process’
- Plan, develop and implement strategies that will deliver excellent customer service and positive user experience
- Participate in product development meetings to ensure successful capture of Supply Chain requirements
- Facilitate meetings and build positive relationships with suppliers and management
- Own full documentation of Bill of materials for all consumer shipments
- Identify and deliver opportunities for cost reduction, driving savings in-line with overall business expectation, ensuring targets for cost reduction are achieved and/or exceeded
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Customer Service Experience.
- Supplier management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time that meet or exceed targets.
- Budget and financial control experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in materials management, i.e., transportation, purchasing, inventory management.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- MBA preferred.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7070353-logistics-services-manager
• Post ID: 117871503 newyork