What you’ll be doing...
We succeed when we get our products into the hands of our customers as quickly and efficiently as possible—and that’s where you come in. You’ll be managing order fulfillment of our FiOS materials. As we strive to always be even better, you’ll also be looking for ways to improve our quality, accuracy, and efficiency. Come keep our warehouse running like a well-oiled machine, here, where better matters.
- Leading key distribution center functions such as inventory management and order fulfillment.
- Planning daily operations to meet the daily demand.
- Identifying and implementing efficiency and cost-saving measures for continuous improvement.
- Tracking metrics like productivity, timeliness, and order accuracy to ensure goals are met.
- Managing distribution, reorders, receiving requirements, returns, and transit issues.
What we’re looking for...
You are a process person and you like when things run smoothly---but when they don’t, you’ll calmly find a good solution and then re-engineer the process to improve it for next time. And you’re always on the lookout for ways to maximize productivity. No balls drop on your watch as you juggle lots of different priorities because you keep track of all the details. You work well with lots of different kinds of people and know how to flex your style to suit the situation. You prefer a fast-paced environment with new challenges each day.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Logistics experience. Ideally, transportation, purchasing, or inventory management.
- Warehouse, distribution or fulfillment center experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Experience with Visio.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8010740-logistics-services-manager
• Post ID: 136690017 newyork