Program Coordinator - Weill Cornell Medical College (New York, NY)
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:59 PM
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is divided into 24 basic science and patient care departments that focus on the sciences underlying clinical medicine and/or encompass the study, treatment, and prevention of human diseases. In addition to its affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College and the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences maintain major affiliations with Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, The Rockefeller University, the Hospital for Special Surgery, as well as with the metropolitan-area institutions that constitute NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare Network. Weill Cornell Medical College and the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences are accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Provides administrative leadership and management for the Division of General Pediatrics including General Academic Pediatrics, and Child Protection Unit of Division. Provides administrative management for all of the Department's ACGME Residency and Fellowship programs, Medical Students Education programs. Supervises staff, interacts with various internal and external constituencies to ensure the smooth administration of the education mission of the department.
- In conjunction with Division Chief of General Pediatric, oversees and manages the Department of Pediatrics ACGME Residency and Fellowship Programs, Medical students Education programs administrative functions ensuring compliance with all medical college, hospital and ACGME/regulatory requirements. When appropriate, works with caregivers and families to support appropriate strategies for facilitating effective communication.
- Acts as liaison for residency and fellowship programs via interacting with various constituencies including the hospital medical staff office, Chairman of Pediatrics, Division Chiefs and Fellowship Directors, Department Administrator, NYP Medical board office staff, affiliated institutions medical board and clinical department staff. Interprets all ACGME, state and federal, NYP and medical college regulations for the department. Educates and ensures all staff are fully aware of program requirements and policies and procedures.
- Manages the financial affairs of the Division of General Pediatrics, and the department's educational programs including annual operating and capital budget development and management, analysis of expenditures, recommends allocation of divisional and department resources and processing of all financial issues for the division. Explains budget variances to Department Administrator and justifies all expense requests for the Division. Utilizes FRS system to manage accounts and track expenses.
- Performs strategic planning activities for the Division and the Department's educational programs utilizing financial and other relevant program data. Makes recommendations for resource allocation, fundraising based on planning analysis. Develops business plans as indicated. Supervises clerical staff, including responsibility for hiring, training, disciplinary matters. Assigns works and evaluates staff performance.
- Recommends and develops written departmental policies and procedures for the administration of the residency and fellowship programs across all divisions that meet NYPH and WCMC program requirements. Implements procedures and ensures compliance will all policies. Develops corrective action plans and oversees corrective action plan implementation for the department.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of the National Residency Match program (NRMP) by developing schedules and work plans that meet mandated deadlines for the residency match. Oversees the ERAS-Electronic Residency Application System computer system. Coordinates the scheduling of all residency candidates interviews and maintains records of all candidates scheduled and interviewed. Develops management reports for internal and external purposes that summarize Department's residency and fellowship activities. Maintains educational program statistics for the Department. Develops computerized database for same.
- Develops formal presentations and training programs for various needs such as Division Chief training and Fellowship Directors and external organizations such as ACGME, AAP and NYP. Assists the Division's Chief in developing and promulgating resident schedules and assignments. Assists the Third Year Clerkship Directors in the administration of the clerkship. Supervise staff with the scheduling of all medical students for clerkship activities. Supervise staff with management the testing and evaluation process for the third year clerkships. Supervise staff with the tracking of grades and reports to medical college departments.
- Coordinates and maintains EVALUE System to maintain schedules and evaluations in a computerized database system. Understands functionality of system and implements all aspects of systems. Acts as Department resource for EVALUE system. Coordinates all resident reviews via developing detailed schedules. Tracks evaluation completion and summarizes and reports results.
- Develops and maintains file systems and record retention policies for all education program records. Develops and maintains computerized database for alumni list of prior residents.
- Coordinates the appointment process for all residents and fellows including residents and fellows that rotate from other institutions. Oversees the ordering of supplies and equipment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years management experience in an educational organization or academic medical center.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Master’s degree.
Skill and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff including Division Chiefs, administrators, and residents and fellows.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Knowledge of Excel, Word, database programs and Internet-based technologies.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
• Post ID: 36104077 newyork