What you’ll be doing...
The Security Program Manager manages all aspects of customer's managed security environment. The Program Manager will be the customer’s point of contact for all program activities. The Security Program Manager will be responsible for managing pre and post-sale activities including scoping, budgets, CPE management and all management and performance reports. The Program Manager works closely with both the Security Architect and Project Managers to ensure contractual conformance, identify potential problems, set and adjust priorities, and redirect activities as necessary to achieve the goals of the project.
- Acts as primary liaison between the Verizon project team and the customer
- Acts as the “glue” across all resources and support organizations within Verizon required to deliver the solution
- Monitors ongoing service management to ensure compliance with SLAs and performance commitments
- Engages with various Network Operations teams to communicate, and/or escalate on any outage and/or performance issues to Verizon and the customer
- Monitors resource load and distribution to ensure the quality delivery of services.
- Ensures that all contracted program deliverables are completed
- Facilitates long range business planning meetings with the Account Team and the customer, in support of the customer’ long term business strategies and plans
- Participates in any technical, network, SLA, and contract compliance escalations
- Engage with customer and Verizon executives in the prioritization and resolution of escalations
- Establishes periodic status meetings with the customer, Verizon and any Third Party Vendors to discuss status of contractual relationship
- Presents a formal monthly program review for the customer
- Delivers and maintains an Overall Program Plan for the life of the contract, specifically related to the "Contracted Services" as mutually agreed to by Verizon and the customer
- Assists in fielding business or technical requests and engage the appropriate internal Verizon resources
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Enterprise level program and project management experience in security and network infrastructure
- Experience in a client engagement, project and program management role delivering security solutions and managed IT services in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge in security solutions such as firewalls, forward and reverse proxies, load balancers etc.
- Direct service management architecture design, delivery and/or operations experience for managed security services.
- Experience in scoping and proposals and business case development.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- 7+ years of enterprise level program and project management experience in security and network infrastructure.
- PMP and ITILv3 certifications.
- CISSP or CASP, other security industry certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills aimed at aligning technical solutions with business value.
- Leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see how individual parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking).
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an executive interface for internal and client-facing interactions at the C-Level.
- Ability to manage several work streams with competing and conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and good team development skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6787919-security-program-manager
• Post ID: 102646673 newyork