Social Worker - Chemical Dependency Services - The Actors Fund (New York, NY)
Chemical Dependency Services
The Actors Fund, a national nonprofit human services organization for performing arts and entertainment industry professionals, seeks a Social Worker to provide clinical case management in our chemical dependency program. This position is a key member of the Fund's Social Services Team and reports directly to the Supervisor of Chemical Dependency Services.
- Engage and work collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals, their families and significant others in a clinical process that facilitates development of bio-psychosocial assessments and treatment plans.
- Respond to crises and intervene effectively. Provide intensive clinical case management, evaluating and advocating for financial assistance, as well as serving as a liaison to internal and external resources on behalf of the client.
- Provide supportive counseling as part of the therapeutic process to achieve identified treatment goals and outcomes.
- Coordinate support services to insure appropriate referrals for mental health and substance abuse treatment and maintenance of entitlements: benefits, medical, housing, educational/vocational needs.
- Collaborate and advocate with unions, industry management and community organizations to facilitate treatment plans.
- Visit clients at home, in hospital and/or treatment program when essential to ensuring continuity of care.
- Identify and develop relationships with new community resources, treatment facilities, and clinicians.
- Maintain all client records, charts and statistics ensuring the confidentiality of all information.
- Participate in outreach to the performing arts and entertainment community, by assisting with curriculum development and facilitation of groups, seminars or trainings.
- May supervise graduate social work intern(s).
- Masters in Social Work and L.C.S.W. or L.M.S.W.
- Minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience with advanced psycho-dynamic training and employee assistance programs/member assistance programs preferred
- Strong case management and advocacy skills.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in The Actors Fund's National Headquarters in Times Square, New York City. The Actors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and TransitCheck commuter benefit.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund, founded in 1882, serves all professionals in film, theater, television, music, opera, and dance through programs that address their unique and essential needs. As a national organization with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, The Fund directly serves over 12,000 entertainment and performing arts professionals across the country, and approximately 300,000 more through web resource programs. In providing care and service to professionals throughout the industry, The Fund's programs are wide in scope, responsive in nature, and produce significant results, affecting the lives of people in our community year after year.
• Post ID: 36667092 newyork