What you’ll be doing...
You will collaborate with Application Development and QA teams to understand, implement, and effectively expand the utilization of CA (DevTest) Service Virtualization platform across mission and business critical applications. You will also support Tier2 applications.
- Implement best practices for design, create, configure, deploy and test with CA DevTest (formerly LISA) tool and make sure the virtual services built are Security compliant
- Provide support to application teams for additional enhancements, and additions to the Virtual services they have created
- Support Infrastructure management and administration
- Migrate physical assets from datacenters to Amazon Cloud (AWS) using cloud computing
- Create Amazon Machine Image (AMI) to application teams to inherit
- Use various DevOps open source tools like Ansible, Docker, automate processes to manage complex environments at scale and implement monitoring and alerting tools like Zabbix
- Develop custom handler extensions like LDAP, SMPP, SSH by extending the out of box protocols to accommodate the existing format of API calls and handle data parsing. For example, parsing APNS, GCM push notifications
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience designing, installing, configuring and deploying services in large enterprises.
- Working knowledge of the following: CA DevTest 10.x Service Virtualization, Unix, MS SQL, MySQL, Wireshark, NetBeans, HTTP Analyzer, Fiddler.
- Knowledge of SOAP web services, and protocols like TCP, MQ, HTTP/s, LDAP, SMPP, and JDBC.
- Experience in Java Programming.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- Experience with Zabbix and Ansible.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6955419-service-virtualization-engineer
• Post ID: 116189528 newyork