What you’ll be doing...
Verizon seeks a dynamic and experienced trade specialist with international exposure, trade compliance experience and a transformational approach to International Logistics focusing on streamlining intl. logistics processes and improving lead times for our international customers.
Coordinate transportation of goods to our customers at international destinations in EMEA, APAC, LATAM and for US imports.
Coordinate import and export compliance and logistics related to dual-use and encryption globally, with particular focus on LATAM.
Review and apply international shipping contract language, transportation parties’ roles, title transfer and passing of risk. Have the ability to provide guidance to contract stakeholders, especially Marketing, Sourcing, Legal and Account management.
Coordinate the end to end transportation processes, including these elements:
Interpret and implement the import and export licenses requirements for any country where Verizon is shipping internationally.
Understand and apply in all logistics processes the US re-export laws under ITAR, EAR, OFAC, Wassenaar Agreement and Anti-boycott Rules
Liaising with government agencies, customs brokers, supporting governments export compliance audits and supporting implementation of remedial actions
Coordinating the screening of cross-border transactions against ECCN, HTS, RPL, DPL
Understanding of regulatory requirements for recordkeeping of AWB, POD, SAD/EXA, AWB, EOR1, T1, ATA, DCS
Project Manage small/medium size projects with the aim to achieve the overall ILS P&L objectives, cutting costs, introduce efficiencies.
Identify opportunities for efficiency gains within the region to improve logistics and compliance processes. Present recommendations to Management. Proactively develops and initiates solutions and approaches to drive best in class logistics performance.
Perform ongoing supplier management to ensure contract terms, conditions and performance management compliance.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of academic and/or professional experience in the following: International shipping, Export compliance, Project Management, Contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms.
- Two or more years of international Logistics processes, policies, and procedures experience
- Experience in data analysis and supplier management analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project).
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP and Trade Automation.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Four or more years of demonstrated academic and/or professional experience in Project Management in complex multi-project and multi-geography environment
- Fluency in Spanish. Portuguese desirable,
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and goal/service skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others.
- Strong issue resolution, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Project Management, Change Management, Business Strategy skills.
- Expertise in working with import/export documentation and legislation, i.e. order processing and progression, shipping invoices, SAD/EXA, letters of credit, bills of lading, certificates of origin, EUR1 Certificates, customs valuation procedures, customs declaration filing regulations for encrypted / dual-use items.
- Accurate working expertise in US Export and LATAM Import Compliance regulations, processes and licensing regarding shipments of hazardous goods and dual use, encryption controlled/licensed commodities to BIS standards.
- Detailed working knowledge of US re-export laws under EAR, ITAR, OFAC, Antiboycott rules, and the Wassenaar Agreement.
- Business acumen and understanding of accounting statements, i.e. balance sheet and profit & loss account.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2515844-international-logistics-specialist
• Post ID: 163143487 newyork