Category Sourcing Expert for Logistics and Transportation
Verizon’s Supply Chain Services organization is seeking a dynamic Sourcing Professional with strong experience in Sourcing, supplier negotiations, data gathering and analysis, and managing client and supplier relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- RFP experience
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Engineering. Even better if you have your Master’s degree (MBA)
- Six or more years of related experience in the one or more of the following areas:
- Leading sourcing events and RFP’s for Over The Road(OTR), intermodal and small parcel modes of service
- Managing brokers and pricing for Full Truckload, (Van/Flatbed) Less-than-Truckload transportation services
- Understanding of Airfreight, High Value Product Transportation, some Ocean and HazMat transportation
- Strong knowledge of the Warehouse Distribution markets, pricing methodology, players and general market.
- Strong Knowledge and experience in the analysis, technical terms and negotiations for Airfreight, OTR, small parcel shipping for commercial/residential delivery contracts and Warehousing
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing and/or Contract Management
- Sourcing experience that includes a large number of suppliers and complex technical requirements
- Project Management in complex multi-project and multi-geography environment
- Experience leading or participating in Cross Functional Teams (CFT)
- Strong Experience in heavy data analysis & supplier assessment
- Microsoft Excel, Access, word and PowerPoint
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of -creativity.
- Experience in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Certifications desired:
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- Lean Six Sigma certification
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6505390-sourcing-manager-logistics-and-transportation