Academic Director (Currently Available) - Explore Schools (Brooklyn, NY)
Explore Schools is a network of high-performing schools providing nearly 1,500 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding public education they deserve. Our mission is to provide our students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
About the Position Explore Schools is seeking an experienced educator to serve as an Academic Director. The Academic Director is responsible for working closely with students, parents, teachers, and fellow leaders to maintain a positive school culture characterized academic rigor. This position reports directly to the School Principal.
Responsibilities Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out Principal's vision to actualize a culture of achievement with all staff and students
- Manages and classroom teaching teams
- Manages support services team
- Carries out the teacher evaluation process
- Carries out the school-wide annual priority plan
- Sets vision to actualize an academic program characterized by rigor, critical thinking, and academic skills for grade levels under direction
- Participates in student assessments, and drives ongoing revision of instructional plans in response to data
- Identifies professional development priorities and designs plans to provide PD to instructional staff
- Provides input to the Director of Operations on non-instructional functions
Human Resources Support and Talent Management
- Partners with ESI to recruit and select staff
- Identifies staff members in need of performance improvement, and recommends improvement plans and/or termination, as appropriate, in partnership with school principal
- Ensure the safety of students at all times
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Explore Schools network
Our Values At Explore, we believe that we will lead our students to high achievement by demonstrating these values:
- We communicate directly and with sensitivity
- We make things happen
- We are flexible and reflective
- We demonstrate professional integrity
- A successful Academic Director applicant should have at least 3-4 years of teaching experience, leadership experience and excellent classroom management.
- A MS in Educational Leadership is preferred.
Salary Competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply If you are interested in joining our growing team, please visit http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?bj=ol6BVfwH&s=idealist.org.
• Post ID: 36489401 newyork