Computer Teacher - The Doe Fund (New York, NY)
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 150 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a nearly $50 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
The Doe Fund was founded in 1990 to provide transitional employment and housing to formerly homeless men. In 2001, the Doe Fund began its first nonresidential program, spearheading the agency's launch of the Criminal Justice Programs.
Recently, the organization received a 2 year grant from the US Department of Labor to develop an enhanced transitional jobs program for ex-offenders. The Pathways2Work program allows clients to move through phases using a staged employment model that culminates in unsubsidized employment.
- This Computer Teacher is responsible for implementing the curriculum specifically created for this program. This person teaches a series of computer skills classes based on MS Office Suite in order to increase the employability of our trainees.
- Responsible for maintaining a client database that documents attendance and performance.
- Responsible for filing a summary report after each class
- Participate in "tweaking" the curriculum into a contextualized format when indicated
- Have a desire to carry out TDF mission
- Have patience and compassion for the adult learner
- Have experience teaching in a classroom setting
- Have a BA, Masters a plus
- Have great organizational and communication skills
- Be able to multi-task
- Have the ability to interact with both the clients, case managers, and the directors in the program
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive Salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
• Post ID: 36994140 newyork