Educational Director - University Settlement Society of New York (New York, NY)
Position: Educational Director, Children's Corner Early Childhood Center
Supervisor: Program Director
Overview: The Early Childhood Centers located at 184 Eldridge Street in the Lower East Side and at 565 Livonia Ave in East New York, Brooklyn serve children from 2 years to 5 years of age using the "Dual Model" for serving Head Start and Child Care eligible children and their families. Following Head Start Performance Standards, the program aims at providing comprehensive early childhood care and education including health, nutrition, mental health and school readiness curricula and measurements to address achievement gaps. Family services are fully integrated into each aspect of the program to ensure full participations from families. The two centers are funded through an Early Learn award from NYC Administration for Children's Services and private foundations.
- Oversee classroom staffing, paperwork and curriculum to ensure proper coverage and compliance with DOHMH and Head Start regulations.
- Oversee and maintain the implementation of high quality programming with evidence-based curricular and child outcomes, including lesson planning, observations, portfolios and Parent/Teacher conferences.
- Provide guidance, training and coaching to teaching staff on implementing lesson plans and responding to the social and emotional needs of children.
- Develop and implement weekly staff meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating yearly in-service trainings and biannual staff evaluations.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant compliance regulations including renewing DOHMH permit, Building and Fire and health codes
- Provide any necessary reporting to Directors to meet Administration for Children's Services requirements and attend required ACS training for Educational Coordinators/Directors.
- Support staff in meeting the individual needs of children through individualized planning, including involving their families.
- Ensure that teachers are working in collaboration with other support services such as Mental Health and Special Needs to support the needs of children and families.
- Support the Assistant Director and Director in recruitment, enrollment and administrative tasks.
- Assist with the review of program practices and update program plans, policies and procedures.
- Work with management and teaching staff to provide continuous services to children and families.
- Responsible for upholding Center's philosophy and ensure proper communication with staff.
- Complete other relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education with NYS Early Childhood Teacher Certification required.
- Three to five years of combined experience as a teacher and/or early childhood administrator/supervisor.
- Must have proficient computer skills with knowledge of MS Office and excellent communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of early childhood curriculum implementation with preferred expertise on the Reading and Writing Workshop and Big Math for Little Kids curricula.
- Knowledge of Teaching Strategy Gold Online Child Tracking System preferred.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience, plus benefits package
University Settlement is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Post ID: 36488584 newyork