The Senior Agile/Product Development Coach is a hands-on Agile Coach and evangelist leader with software development experience and product domain knowledge. This individual will engage in coaching Agile and Product engineering practices in an immersive learning model in Verizon’s Dojo’s. This individual will focus on leveraging Product Discovery, Agile Extreme Programing, Scrum, and Kanban techniques to facilitate learning. This person is a continuous learner that is passionate about teaching, mentoring, and coaching others on improving how we build technology. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices. You will gain experience across multiple technologies and applications and directly impact the Agile process and DevOps transformation across Verizon and will embark on a continuous successful agile transformation effort.
- Act as hands-on Agile/Technical Product development coach, accelerating the learning of Product Thinking and Agile implementation across Verizon.
- Assess, Analyze, Track and Report the initial as-is and to-be Agile state of the teams and products involved.
- Train (Classroom/Workshop style setup), coach, mentor and advise technology, business, support and management teams on Agile, DevOps values/principles/methodology and framework.
- Leads in planning and implementing the development and delivery of strategies, validates architectural designs, framework, team structure, UX design, build and deployment and overall product development.
- Coach and mentor in Agile practices such as product backlog setup, iteration planning, retrospectives, prioritization, estimation techniques and high level technical design planning etc.
- Encourage and promote good engineering practices like Unit testing, code reviews, pair programming and quality engineering practices as well requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end to end delivery practices
- Lead the Dojo agile practice, which is a highly accelerated rapid 2.5 day sprint cycle focused on driving accelerated learning of Agile and DevOps practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IT.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or Computer science is highly preferred.
- Experience working as a software engineer or a development manager is highly preferred
- Five or more years application development experience
- Experience with database systems, API architecture, Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in web application development and understanding of mobile development.
- Three or more years using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
- Experience with Agile Extreme Programming (XP) practices
- Understanding of RESTful API development and frameworks.
- Experience using Tools like JIRA, Confluence and other communication tools.
- Strong ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes
- Ability to drive strong Testing practices (TDD/BDD, Test Automation, CI, etc....)
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- Ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and implement alongside the other technical and non-technical team members being coached and developed.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6649419-senior-agile-coach-engineering-practices
• Post ID: 96385270 newyork