Training Specialist - The Execu Search Group Inc (Manhattan, NY)
About the Opportunity
A corporate finance and accounting company seeks an IT training specialist to teach employees how to use company software. 6-8 years of job experience is a must! If you are an experienced technology specialist with a background in training others please send in your resume today!
Corporate finance and accounting
The Training Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the training program. This role reports into IT and requires close interaction with the Human Capital (HC) department. The Training specialist must maintain a high level of technical skills both within the product line and other related technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Conduct instructor-led training for company software users; coordinate specialized training with other business units or vendors when specific expertise beyond the scope of this role is required.
- Deliver hands-on product training to ensure quality instruction and course content
- Create, maintain, and update curriculum and courseware based on new product features, top customer support issues, employee feedback and input from teams
- Partner closely with Human Capital and business unit senior managers to determine training priorities, assess needs and make recommendations
- Provide content (course descriptions, objectives, overviews, etc.) for training material on internal website
- Prepare classes to ensure positive environment and a professional image
- Maintain a strong service orientation, a team-focused mentality and the ability to incorporate best-practice from the field of training and technology into standard operations
- Research and recommend candidate test systems for firm`s software (e.g. for Word and Excel) depending upon position being filled
- Work with IT/IS to maintain the training room, training network, and all related training systems
- Assist business units in documenting key processes to: maintain knowledge within the firm; provide future training material for new employees; review processes to define efficiency gains or enhance overall effectiveness
- Bachelor`s degree in Technology, Instructional Design or Information Systems.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience crafting technical training curriculum and content
- Microsoft Office applications specialist (2003 or 2007)
- Ability to work effectively on project teams or independently
- SharePoint experience
- Prior helpdesk experience
• Post ID: 36434920 newyork