The positon requires a highly driven professional to call on/off premise accounts and manage the distributor for NY State. Looking for a candidate with a solid performance record of volume and profit plan achievement to promote and sell the brands, identify new business, develop forecasts, set distributor objectives and monitor performance.
A proven track record and a drive to succeed are required. If you have a solid work ethic we will give you the tools to be successful.
• 5+ years of wine selling experience with a supplier or wholesaler.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Comprehensive knowledge of wine, with special enthusiasm for Italian wine
• Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written
• Weekend and weeknight tasting and event attendance required
• We offer a dynamic work environment with a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, flex spending, 401(k), vacation and much more
Salary based on experience
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential
Please submit resumes to Italianwine212@gmail.com
of marinas, marina resorts, residences and other waterfront properties.
Project Management: Overall responsibility for the managing of Projects from their initial concept through design and development phases including planning, environmental evaluations, conceptual and construction design, site inspections, field reports, storm water management plans, site grading, drainage, and engineering related issues as well as regulatory agency applications, report preparation and developing the documentation necessary for Federal, State and local approvals.
Design/Drafting: Designs, site plans and profiles of waterfront structures and facilities for marinas, marina resorts, harbors, private residences and associated upland. Upland stormwater management and in-water dredging design and analysis a plus.
Knowledge of AutoCAD (version 2015 preferred), COGO/Civil, HydroCad, SketchUp, Adobe CS5.5 emphasis on PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator, and related software preferred. ALL design and drafting done on computer (they're taking over!) -- NO hand drafting.
Additional Computer And Other Skills: Design charettes and presentation drawings, computer friendly, website management.
Project and Planning Analysis: Evaluation of client needs and application preparation including local, state and federal requirements, regulations and plenty of red tape.
Environmental: Site investigation of habitats in and around waterfront areas (i.e., wetlands, salt marshes). Preparation of ecological surveys, storm water pollution prevention plans, Environmental Impact Statements and similar documents.
Informal office/work atmosphere. No smoking!
Willing to train qualified applicant in specialized areas.
STARTING DATE: Yesterday!
SALARY: Peanuts, but just how many depends on experience, etc.
Successful applicant MUST:
be a SELF-STARTER & willing to pitch in!
Happy and Pleasant personality
Must have transportation
Informal, hard worker and have a bright, inquisitive mind.
EMAIL RESUME, three (3) REFERENCES and anything else you think appropriate to:
Travel Required: Yes
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION
916 East Boston Post Road
Mamaroneck , NY 10543-4109
LocationNew York, NY
Position LevelNone Specified
Education RequirementNone Specified
Position TypeFreelance / Consultant
Small animation studio is looking for a part time freelancer with strong design and conceptual skills.
The position involves translating training materials into a firm layout in Adobe illustrator. The illustrator artwork will then be animated in Flash to turn into 10 minute training videos.
We're currently working with 1-2 Flash animators who are working from these storyboard layouts.
For the motion designer who will generate the storyboards the key quality we're looking for is conceptual thinking which requires understanding and fully absorbing educational content as well as coming up with ideas how to visualize complex subject matter in an easy-to-understand manner.
The other essential quality is solid design/layout skills.
Summary of requirements:
- strong conceptual capability for visualizing content
- strong graphic design/layout skills
- full proficiency in English to ensure content is fully understood
- full proficiency in Adobe illustrator
- basic/intermediate experience in motion graphics
- basic knowledge of vector animation
- knowledge of After Effects and Flash a plus
- must bring own laptop (preferably Mac - we've had font issues with PC's)
Please note that this is not an offshore work opportunity.
Please send your cover letter in an email, not attached.
Attached resumé and work samples are fine.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1954, CGC’s interdisciplinary professional staff provides diagnostic assessments and treatment services for youngsters and their families in Stamford, Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan, Connecticut. Work with parents and collaboration with other community agencies is emphasized in all our programs. Treatment programs are targeted to all youngsters with mental health problems with priority access provided for those with the highest risk symptoms and those experiencing trauma or crisis. The Center provides services to clients from a broad range of economic backgrounds with a commitment to serving lower income and uninsured families and to providing services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate for our multi-ethnic community.
Clinician Crisis Program
The Child Guidance Center of Southern Connecticut (CGC), a non-profit mental health agency, serving Stamford, Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan Connecticut, seeks an experienced mental health professional, fluent in English and preferably Spanish, to provide mental health diagnostic and treatment services in our crisis program.
This well established agency is committed to providing child focused, family centered, culturally competent, professional services utilizing a variety of treatment modalities based on the needs of each child and family. Therapists have the opportunity to provide individual therapy utilizing psycho-dynamically oriented, trauma focused, cognitive behavioral, and play therapy interventions, as well as family and group therapy modalities.
Working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other Master’s level clinicians, with individual supervision provided to promote ongoing learning and support, the psychotherapist will be responsible for:
Providing immediate phone screening and prompt mobile response, consistent with time-frame guidelines of the state’s EMPS model and urgency of each situation
• Providing crisis assessment, and short term intervention for children, adolescents and their families, focused on safety planning and crisis stabilization
• Providing assessment, and treatment services to victims and witnesses of crime and other potentially traumatic events
• Obtaining immediate case consultation and supervision, when needed for support, enhanced decision making and safety in high risk situations
• Prioritizing personal safety through compliance with safety policies and procedures
• Coordinating with CGC’s Director of Admissions and Assessments and Program Directors to promote successful transfers between EMPS and other programs
• Maintaining positive collaborative relationships with key community partners i.e. 211, hospital emergency departments and in-patient units; other higher level of care programs; police, schools, DCF, victim assistance programs, etc.
• Providing community crisis response services to groups of children and families impacted by exposure to potentially traumatic events
• Conducting community education programs to increase awareness of EMPS services in the community
• Actively participating in inter-disciplinary crisis team meetings, supervision, and other staff development activities
• Utilizing the agency’s electronic clinical record system to ensure proper and timely completion of all required clinical documentation, program statistics, and outcome data
• Conducting comprehensive, child and family assessments including diagnosis, clinical formulation, and safety plans
• Providing psychotherapeutic services utilizing psycho-dynamically oriented, trauma focused, cognitive behavioral, and play therapy interventions, as well as family and group therapy modalities
• Providing guidance to parents / caregivers utilizing a family engagement framework
• Other related activities as required
Skills and qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be:
A talented clinician with a passion and commitment to working with children, adolescents and their families, who demonstrates sound clinical judgment in complex high risk situations. An open learner, committed to excellence, who is self reflective and caring, while able to maintain professional boundaries with patients. A strong believer in the agency’s mission, core values and principles of practice. Able to demonstrate an understanding of core theoretical concepts including crisis, crime victim, trauma, attachment and systems theory; normal child development, and resilience. Able to demonstrate a solid grounding in at least one orientation to treatment (e.g., psychodynamic, CBT, trauma-focused, family systems etc.)
An MSW, or Master’s in counseling, MFT, or other license track mental health profession required. License in a mental health profession in Connecticut, or eligible to immediately become licensed preferred. Completion of any required academic course for supervision of trainees preferred. Minimum one year experience providing clinical assessments and psychotherapy with high risk children, adolescents and families required, minimum two/three years post degree experience preferred. Minimum one year experience providing supervision preferred. Verbal and written fluency in English required; bi-lingual fluency in Spanish, Haitian Creole or another language widely spoken in our community, highly desired. Experience working with patients from culturally diverse backgrounds, and the ability to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity required. (EOE). Computer skills required; familiarity with Electronic Clinic Record Systems a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary based on credentials, experience and skills. Excellent benefits package including generous vacation policy, employee health insurance, pension and TDA plans, flexible work schedule, stimulating pleasant work environment. Some evening hours required.
ission: The Child Guidance Center of Southern Connecticut (CGC) is a professionally staffed outpatient mental health center for children and adolescents who experience psychological, behavioral, developmental, social or family problems. We are dedicated to reducing emotional suffering and dysfunctional behavior, strengthening families and helping each individual achieve optimal potential.
Founded in 1954, CGC’s interdisciplinary professional staff provides diagnostic assessments and treatment services for youngsters and their families in Stamford, Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan, Connecticut. Work with parents and collaboration
with other community agencies is emphasized in all our programs. Treatment programs are targeted to all youngsters with mental health problems with priority access provided for those with the highest risk symptoms and those experiencing trauma or crisis. The Center provides services to clients from a broad range of economic backgrounds with a commitment to serving lower income and uninsured families and to providing services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate for our multi-ethnic community.
Resume and cover letter required. Letter should indicate:
1. The title of the position for which you are applying
2. Why you are interested in the position
3. How your education, professional and life experiences have prepared you to succeed in this position
Email letter and resume addressed to JW, GeneralMailbox@childguidancect.org or mail to JW / Child Guidance Center of Southern Connecticut / 196 Greyrock Place, Stamford, CT 06901
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
LocationNew York, NY
Education Requirement4-Year Degree
Position TypeFull Time Permanent
Reports to Director of Marketing and Public Relations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Graphic Designer/Media Production Manager you are an essential part of the marketing team, playing a key role in discourse regarding communications strategies and initiatives for Orchestra of St. Luke’s and The DiMenna Center for Classical Music. Specific responsibilities include artistic direction and design of outgoing and internal communications and promotional vehicles from conception to delivery for all departments, ongoing evaluation and evolution of institutional identity, and establishing overall season look and feel through communications vehicles (concert programs, brochures, posters, postcards, promotional pieces, website, print and web advertisements, email communications, and office collateral.) The Graphic Designer/Media Production Manager is also responsible for production, management, coordination, and archiving of all print, digital, and audio-visual content and deliverables.
BA/BFA degree in Graphic/Communication Design preferred. 4-6 years professional work experience. Candidate must work well in a high-pressure environment with many deadlines and demands, sometimes competing, from different departments within the organization.
Full time exempt position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
ORCHESTRA OF ST. LUKE'S
Orchestra of St. Luke’s (OSL) is one of America’s most versatile and distinguished orchestras, collaborating with the world’s greatest artists and performing approximately 70 concerts each year—including its Carnegie Hall Orchestra Series, Chamber Music Series at The Morgan Library & Museum and Brooklyn Museum, and summer residency at Caramoor Music Festival. OSL has commissioned more than 50 new works, including four this season; has given more than 170 world, U.S., and New York City premieres; and appears on more than 100 recordings, including four Grammy Award winners and seven releases on its own label, St. Luke’s Collection. Pablo Heras-Casado, named 2014 Conductor of the Year by Musical America, is OSL’s principal conductor.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary this season, OSL began as a chamber ensemble based at The Church of St. Luke in the Fields in Greenwich Village. Today, St. Luke’s Chamber Ensemble consists of 21 virtuoso artists who perform a diverse repertoire and make up OSL’s artistic core.
OSL owns and operates The DiMenna Center for Classical Music in Midtown Manhattan, where it shares a building with the Baryshnikov Arts Center. The DiMenna Center is New York City’s premier venue for rehearsal, recording, and learning, having quickly gained a reputation for its superb acoustics, state-of-the-art facilities, and affordability. Since opening in 2011, The DiMenna Center has welcomed more than 50,000 visitors, including more than 300 ensembles and artists such as Renée Fleming, Susan Graham, Emanuel Ax, Joshua Bell, Valery Gergiev, James Levine, James Taylor, and Sting. OSL hosts hundreds of neighbors, families, and school children at its home each year for free community events.
Through its Community & Education programs, OSL has introduced audiences across New York City to live classical music. OSL brings free chamber concerts to the five boroughs; offers free interactive music programs at The DiMenna Center; provides chamber music coaching for adult amateurs; and engages 10,000 public school students each year through its Free School Concerts. In 2013, OSL launched Youth Orchestra of St. Luke’s (YOSL), an intensive in- and after-school instrumental coaching program emphasizing musical excellence and social development, in partnership with Police Athletic League (PAL) and public schools in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood.
Please send resume, cover letter, portfolio/work samples (via a link to your personal portfolio or by sending actual samples) and references by mail or email to: Orchestra of St. Luke’s, Bill Rhoads, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, 450 West 37th Street, Suite 502, New York, NY 10018. Email: email@example.com.
Position LevelNone Specified
Education RequirementNone Specified
Position TypeFull Time Permanent
Salary$30,000 - $100,000
Ackerman's Fine Art is a rapidly growing, innovative, private gallery looking to add a superstar team member. We seek a dynamic, smart individual. If you are an innovative, art gallery superstar with:
- a dynamic and motivated work ethic,
- a relentless ability to handle multiple tasks,
- the ability to work with ultra high-value gallery patrons,
- confidence and experience t in a sales role with fine art,
- an ability to coordinate with marketing partners,
- the skills to handle appointment management, travel, and related logistics,
- previous gallery experience and an art background,
- an interest in applying high energy and dedication in exchange for a growing opportunity,
Then, Ackerman Fine Art would like to learn more about you through your resume and references.
All who meet these guidelines will be contacted for phone and personal interviews.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the gallery
Are you looking for a new challenge to lead a growing organization in the Jewish community?
Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge with an organization dedicated to inspiring and helping people to grow spiritually, and to find an inner sense of equanimity in their lives? Does the idea of leading an established organization to continue to grow, as its first Executive Director, so it can reach out to even more people appeal to you? Do you find fundraising and marketing to grow an organization to world prominence to be a wonderful opportunity for you to utilize your talents? Would you enjoy working with a Board of Directors who would give you the freedom and support to come up with new ways for the organization to be successful, and to hire the staff to help you achieve the organization’s goals? If you answered yes to these questions, then this could be the opportunity you are seeking.
Who is the Mussar Institute?
The Mussar Institute (TMI) was founded in 2004 by renowned author and Mussar educator, Dr. Alan Morinis, to introduce the teachings and practices of this 1000-year-old Jewish spiritual tradition to contemporary “seekers” of spiritual meaning and growth. TMI is the leading organization whose sole purpose is to promote the study and practice of Mussar by individuals, organizations and communities across all denominations. Over the past ten years, the course of study developed by The Mussar Institute has shown the impact that Mussar can have on today’s Jewish world.
What will your Job Responsibilities be?
Leadership & Management
• Oversee all aspects of operations to ensure excellence, consistency and accountability in areas of staffing, course and event registration, budget, finance, and human resources.
• Oversee delivery of programs, including courses and events, to ensure excellence, consistency and rigor; work collaboratively with Dean, who has primary responsibility for designing Mussar program content and for teaching faculty
• Establish systems for managing projects and evaluating programs and facilitators
• Design program to recruit, train, evaluate and reward a large group of volunteers
• Manage the budget
• Support the Board of Directors and cultivate Board leadership; serve as ex-officio member on key committees
• Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising plan, drawing on experience of The Mussar Institute’s current strategies
• Spearhead annual campaign, including major gifts program and membership campaign
• Establish relationships with donors and foundations
• Provide guidance to fundraising team, including staff and Board
• Develop donor recognition plan
• Create expectations regarding value from programs so as to be able to generate maximum reasonable revenue from them
• Establish plan for marketing programs that targets key audiences and maximizes TMI’s reach, drawing on expertise of a marketing consultant
• Refine all aspects of communications, including web presence, social media and email
• Ensure that brand is consistently and accurately represented across platforms in print and electronic media
• Oversee accuracy in content and form of all communications
• In accordance with Board-approved strategic plan, undertake strategic business planning process to promote existing programs, identify need for new program offerings and expand TMI’s reach nationally and internationally
• Build partnerships and promote collaborations though licensing and third-party agreements with other Jewish organizations and entities involved in or desiring to promote spirituality
What qualifications would you need to successfully fill this position?
Candidates should have a minimum of 5-7 years of senior leadership and management experience in a Jewish organizational setting. Familiarity with Mussar is a plus but is not a requirement; the Executive Director will be expected to become knowledgeable about the practice of Mussar. BA is required; additional coursework or MA in a relevant field is a plus. Demonstrated experience and characteristics include:
• Strong fundraising skills; able to secure philanthropic support from individuals and foundations
• Marketing and public relations/media experience; understanding of branding/maintaining integrity of the brand and social media as key elements in a competitive environment
• Excellent organizational management skills, including strong operational, program management and financial management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with the Dean, a volunteer board of directors and other volunteers involved in planning and implementing TMI activities
• Strong, persuasive written and verbal communication skills; able to articulate the organization’s message and mission to a broad range of individuals, organizations, and communities
• Experience in establishing collaborative relationships/partnerships with other institutions
• Ability to attract, motivate and lead staff and volunteers
• Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
• Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, self-directed, mission-driven, entrepreneurial, engaging and inclusive
What else do we offer to you?
We offer a competitive salary and competitive benefits. Although we plan to locate our new offices in New York City, if you are selected for this position, and have a strong preference to be in another major metropolitan area, The Mussar Institute is willing to consider setting up the office there.
Would you like to know more about the Mussar Institute and the opportunity this position offers you?
The Mussar Institute’s mission is to inspire individuals, organizations and communities to engage in the study and practice of Mussar, a Jewish spiritual path that leads to awareness, wisdom and transformation.
TMI has brought together men and women across all Jewish denominations, and demonstrated that Mussar can enhance the spiritual lives of all Jews, from the most “religious” to those who may previously have had only limited involvement in Jewish life. It has transformed individual lives and strengthened institutions and communities.
Through one-on-one and group instruction, paired learning, distance learning, retreats and special events, The Mussar Institute’s instructors and trained facilitators have engaged more than 2,500 program participants over the past three years throughout the United States and in other countries, including Canada, Brazil, and The Netherlands. No other organization offers this depth of study, quality of instruction and sustained guidance in Mussar practice.
The Mussar Institute is now poised to significantly increase the number of people who are engaged in, and can reap the benefits of, sustained Mussar study and practice. TMI recently completed a strategic plan to create and execute a business model that will expand the reach and impact of Mussar, while building a sustainable infrastructure to carry the organization into the future. TMI has raised investment capital to help seed the strategic plan.
A key element in the plan is building a strong staff team, beginning with the hiring of TMI’s first full-time Executive Director. The Executive Director will provide leadership in driving growth in the participant base, program revenue, fundraising revenue and membership, while expanding programs to new constituencies and new locations. The Executive Director will have the opportunity to build a strong staff team over the next few years to assist in achieving TMI’s expansion and growth. To identify and capitalize on opportunities for growth, the Executive Director will work collaboratively with TMI’s Dean, Dr. Alan Morinis, who reports to the President of the Board and is responsible for all educational content of TMI programs, events, webinars and other forms of program delivery, supervision of all content developers and oversight of teaching faculty.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional to work collaboratively with a dedicated, passionate, highly engaged Board of Directors and other volunteers to achieve greater recognition and understanding of Mussar as a deeply valuable spiritual practice that can enhance everyday life and strengthen people’s ties to the Jewish tradition.
Would you like to apply?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please send a cover letter and a resume no later than April 15, 2015, to email@example.com.
About America SCORES New York:
Founded in 2001, America SCORES New York is the area's only non-profit organization that uses soccer to inspire physical health, literacy and character development among urban public school students during the after school hours. The New York site is one of 14 affiliates under the America SCORES national umbrella working with over 10,000 low-income, Title I public school students daily across the country. America SCORES New York currently operates in the Harlem and Washington Heights neighborhoods and serves over 250 students ages 8-14 and 25 coaches and writing instructors in New York City Public Schools annually.
With teamwork as the unifying value, America SCORES inspires youth to lead healthy lifestyles, be engaged students, and become agents of change in their communities. The mission is accomplished by a visionary program that is innovative and successful – we engage students simultaneously in creative writing, youth-guided service-learning and soccer teams. By simultaneously playing soccer, learning creative writing and leading a service-learning project, students encourage and inspire one another to achieve on the field, in the classroom and in the community. America SCORES creates avenues by which students can build powerful community networks with their fellow students, coaches, and parent guardians.
America SCORES New York re-launched in 2009 in two West Harlem schools after the economic crisis forced a temporary downsizing of the organization. From there, the organization has shown extraordinary growth by expanding to serve at least one additional school each year, moving from two schools in 2009 to currently serving seven schools full-time and four schools part-time in 2015. Fundraising during this time has increased by over 200% and the organization stands poised for strong future growth as it seeks to expand to 10 schools full-time in the next three years.
How Our Program Works:
America SCORES New York offers a life changing opportunity for high-need, low-income public school students each year. The America SCORES concept is simple: linking literacy and community service to soccer creates an exciting tool for our young people to develop healthy minds, bodies and communities.
Students are placed on either the boys' team or the girls' team at their school. Each team has two coaches (soccer and writing) recruited from the teacher pool and community. Teams practice with their respective coaches 4 days a week (2 for soccer and 2 for writing). On the fifth day, both coaches are present for a game day against other SCORES schools or capstone event, such as a Poetry SLAM! or community service event. The program consists of a 10-week fall semester, a 6-8 week winter semester, a 10-week spring semester and an 8-week summer camp.
America SCORES New York's tremendous success is due to collaborations with community partners, including six New York City public elementary and middle schools, the West Harlem Development Corporation, the Heisman Trophy Trust, the Patrina Foundation and several other prominent foundations and businesses in the New York area. For more information about the organization visit: www.AmericaSCORESNewYork.org
About the Executive Director:
The position reports to the America SCORES New York Board of Directors and is responsible for all aspects of managing an organization with a current annual budget of just over $215,000, with one other full-time employee and two Americorps service members. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the organization, including: board management, multi-faceted fundraising (grant proposals, event management, corporate alliances, etc.), strategic planning and implementation, program planning and expansion, recruitment and management of staff team, financial management, and oversight of all other activities of America SCORES New York.
This challenging and rewarding position offers substantial opportunities for creativity and professional growth. The incoming Executive Director will inherit an organization with an exceptionally strong program, an experienced and committed staff team, a robust Board of Directors, a growing portfolio of branded fundraising events and a strong reputation with current funders. The Executive Director will be joining the organization at an extremely opportune time as s/he will guide America SCORES New York through exciting new fundraising efforts and continue to help develop a long-term strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors. Likewise, the affiliation with America SCORES and its affiliate sites across the country provides opportunities for learning and support from its office and network of 14 affiliates.
Position Goals and Expectations:
Possess a passion for the America SCORES New York program and be able to communicate that passion to diverse groups of people
Execute a fundraising plan that includes shepherding donor relationships with foundations, corporations and individuals interested in investing in America SCORES New York's youth development program for public school students
Foster ongoing external relationships to market America SCORES New York's name and programs at the neighborhood, city and national level in conjunction with a long-term strategic plan
Develop and expand new community relationships including, but not limited to, local public school officials, principals, teachers, Board of Education, the Mayor's Office, other government agencies, youth soccer programs, professional soccer teams, youth literary programs, other after school programs, parent groups, local colleges and universities and funders & friends of America SCORES
Oversee, manage and support America SCORES New York program staff to ensure program quality and intended outcomes
Cultivate a strong internal relationship with the staff team, Board members, coaches and volunteers
Coordinate with America SCORES national office and Executive Directors in other SCORES cities to share effective strategies and to maintain a network of support
Serve as a leader and advocate in the after school, youth development, literary arts and soccer communities on behalf of America SCORES for the New York City area
Work with the Board and staff team to implement the new 3-year strategic plan, once it is developed
Guide the day-to-day operations of America SCORES New York including programs and systems
Manage the organization's finances (including budget and cash flow), ensuring fiscal responsibility and security
Maintain primary responsibility for fundraising, including grants (private, foundation and government), special events and corporate alliances
Lead, hire, motivate, manage, evaluate and develop America SCORES New York staff team, including hiring two new AmeriCorps team members that will serve the organization full-time for a minimum of one year
Support the Board of Directors in its governance role and foster its ongoing development; keep the Board fully informed on internal conditions and important external developments
Coordinate with America SCORES on various initiatives and task forces
Develop and align new fundraising initiatives with the strategic plan in order to execute long-term growth strategy in both elementary and middle schools
Help coordinate and support various committees, to research specific issues and develop well-considered proposals for Board action, including but not limited to America SCORES Cup, Human Resources, Strategic Plan/Vision etc.
Demonstrated passion for youth development and the America SCORES mission
Three to five years of management experience (people and process) in non-profit and/ or business
Self-starter, highly motivated, dynamic and creative professional with an entrepreneurial spirit
Proven fundraising track record
Knowledge of New York City public school system
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and grant writing
Excellent computer skills
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, and capacity to handle several tasks at one time
Ability to manage multiple projects from start to finish
Strong sense of community service and desire to work in the urban education system
Deep desire to impact America SCORES students' lives
Knowledge of soccer and/or literary arts is a plus
Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
Good sense of humor
How to apply
Interested candidates should email thier resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email: "Executive Director Application".
In your cover letter, please highlight what specifically draws you to America SCORES New York and what previous experience you have in leadership and managerial positions.
The District Executive is responsible for the overall growth, extension, quality, supervision and enhancement of the Scouting program within a specified borough.
• The effective organization, operation and promotion of the Scouting program within a selected borough, and responsible for the achievement of district objectives, including membership growth and fundraising.
•Organization and management of volunteer-led outdoor trips and program events for registered youth
• Giving staff guidance to the cultivating, recruiting, training, and inspiring of volunteer personnel for the district.
• Coordinating the work of the district's volunteer personnel so that their efforts strengthen and extend the Scouting program offered by chartered organizations and related units.
• Organization of new groups and youth recruitment.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
• Must have attained age 21
• People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
• Should be organized, self-motivated and a team player
• Must live locally; field work and some travel required
• Valid NYS driver's license required
• Some evening and weekend hours required
Please email to resme and cover letter to:
Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co., Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for our Employee Development Program (EDP). EDP’s will receive orientation/assimilation, mentorship, leadership/managerial development, assessment and placement.
EDP Candidates will be required to:
· Complete rotations at each of the Davis-Ulmer Locations – Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo and Corning, NY and at their subsidiary companies of W&M Sprinkler, Hawthorne, NY; and Rich Fire Protection, Pleasantville, NJ - all requiring five (5) to six (6) weeks at a time
· Will complete rotations in each of the following objectives: General, Project Manager, Sales, Design, Purchasing, Accounting, Safety, Human Resources
· Works closely with the branch manager from each location to ensure that the best direction in the development of the EDP is taken
· Complete the following on-line trainings: OSHA 10 Hour, Project Manager’s course, Fire/Alarm Course, two sprinkler introduction and design courses hosted by the NFSA, follow-through of goal accomplishments
· Requires commitment and effort to take ownership of their own development plan
Candidates should possess a High School Diploma, along with basic to moderate computer skills and have the ability and drive to develop their own success within the company. Candidates chosen must have the ability to travel to each location for five to six weeks at a time.
Candidates offered a position with Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler will be subject to a drug screen and a motor vehicle record check to ensure a clean driving record.
While unlikely, it is possible that a candidate could complete the entire EDP and not receive an offer of permanent employment. The decision to offer permanent employment will be based heavily on each rotation company branch manager’s final report.
Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation and fabrication capability that has been in business for over 65 years and offers a challenging work environment.
If interested or more information, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Avis Budget Group, Inc. is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 10,000 rental locations in approximately 175 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than 775,000 members.
Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world.
Avis Budget Group has approximately 29,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J.
This Management position estimates and controls body damage repairs and expenditures in a cost effective manner. Maintains quality standards by inspecting all repairs to ensure adherence to corporate guidelines. Oversees new car and vehicle disposition preparations. Provides service to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare timely repair estimates on all damaged vehicles and provide same to the Fleet Manager. Inventory and estimate damage, taking photographs for supporting documentation. Complete paperwork and document as required.
- Coordinate in-house repairs of damage vehicles with Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinate timely repair of vehicles with vendors. Maintain a network of vehicle parts suppliers for all body shop vendors. Conduct site inspections prior to vending vehicle. Secure copy of vendor's garage keeper's liability insurance certificate before vending vehicle.
- Monitor status of body repair on vended vehicles. Inspect all repairs performed in-house or by outside vendors to ensure required work is complete and that they conform to established quality standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased.
- Set up data base to control expenses and monitor history. Process all body damage invoices for payment weekly or as required. Review invoices against estimates to identify discrepancies and resolve prior to processing.
- Prepare salvage packet with Fleet Manager prior to removal of vehicle from lot. Coordinate with fleet management to meet pipeline aging standards within established time frame. Prepare turn backs for auction according to program guidelines. Conduct reconditioning appraisals on turn backs to conform to repurchase standards.
- Prepare transportation claims on new vehicles and follow up on reimbursement from the carrier.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports regarding damaged vehicles, discrepancies, etc.
- Prepare written estimates for all accidents and miscellaneous damages to vehicle and forward to subrogation for processing. Work closely with subrogation to ensure that accident reports are being completed thoroughly to affect a positive subrogation collection. Concurrently, work closely with the training and security department to minimize accidents and educate Customer Service Representatives on how to complete accident reports.
- A minimum of two years damage appraisal/writing experience is required for this position
- Good analytical skills
- Familiarity with personal computers and related spreadsheet software
- Understanding motor vehicle liability and subrogation
- Knowledge of wholesaling and auctioning vehicles
- Proven skills in auto damage appraisals
- Experience using Audatex or other automotive appraisal software required.
- A New York State Automotive Appraisal License is required
Corporate discounts on products you use most. Avis Budget Group offers many savings and discount programs for our employees such as the Neighborhood Discount Warehouse which provides deep discounts from hundreds of name brand merchants all on one site.
HealthWorks@ABG is the brand through which we offer our wellness-related programs to ensure that we are our healthiest selves. Most of the services offered are free of charge and open to all employees and their family members. Some of the programs and services we provide include:
•Free tobacco cessation courses (including nicotine replacement supplies)
•Customized nutritional coaching
•Fitness center discount program
•Healthy weight loss nutrition solutions
•One-on-one active lifestyle coaching
•Trusted, on-line health information available 24/7
•Free flu shots
Excellence is rewarded at every level. From our “best in class” recognition for top sales performance to our CEO acknowledgements for outstanding customer service, Avis Budget Group is committed to acknowledging and rewarding you for a job well done.
If you're motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map
A valid driver's license is required for all positions. Drug screening and a background check are a part of our hiring process.
Ready to get GOing? Apply now:
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services.
In this role, he/she will support all channels of fundraising; this includes but is not limited to proposal and grant writing, direct mail campaigns, communications research, strategy development and various levels of relationship management. This position will require a working knowledge of print production, Wealth Engine, CRM databases and google analytics. On a daily basis, the Manager of Fundraising and Marketing will coordinate both internal and external fundraising and marketing communications and ensuring all activity is delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
Proficiency with Word, Access, Excel, fundraising database functions and various social media platforms are required. Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and five to seven years' non-profit/fundraising experience.
How to apply
Please submit CV and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have what it take to be the boss? Could you make a business profitable with the solid support of an internationally-recognized brand? If so, Avis Budget Group has the opportunity for you!
Experience all the perks of being your own boss while having one of America's most familiar brands supporting you along the way. Avis Budget Group has exciting BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES available for entrepreneurial-minded people to operate an Avis Budget Group location.
As an *Agency Operator you will be responsible for:
- Growth and success of an Avis Budget Group location
- Staffing your location
- Marketing your operation
- Promoting world renowned Avis Budget Group "We Try Harder" values
- Maintaining a business plan aimed at developing rent-a-car business in your local area
- Daily operational costs
With our cars provided, you put yourself in the driver's seat to success.
After a paid training program, you will select your own employees and maintain a business plan aimed at developing rent-a-car business in your local area. To help grow your operation, an experienced staff will guide you through training, goal setting, sales and marketing. As the operator of your business, there are no earning limitations.
Our most successful Agency Operators are people-oriented, aggressive, goal-oriented and understand the importance of great customer service.
The Agency Operator should possess:
- Sales/Marketing experience
- Business ownership experience
- The ability to work independently
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Car Rental/Travel experience preferred but not required.
To learn more about this Agency Operator opportunity, please follow the link below:
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.
Toll International LLC (http://www.tollintl.com), a leading full service schedule controls firm located in New York, is looking for a Lead CPM Scheduling Consultant. This position reports directly to the Principal In Charge. The role requires the consultant to work directly with clients on matters related to critical path method scheduling including but not limited to preparing baseline and recovery schedules in Primavera P6, reviewing and updating monthly progress, analyzing contractor submittals and preparing time impact analysis reports. The consultant will assist with the evaluation of schedule risk. Successful candidates should be able to communicate clearly, deliver presentations and able to properly write schedule narratives and revise technical manuals. Attendance to a monthly staff meeting is required.
To qualify for this position, you should have experience as a project scheduler in large civil projects and understand earned value management methodologies as applied by regional public agencies in the Greater New York area.
Toll is an equal opportunity employer and you should work well in a diverse environment. At times, the engagements will be extensive and complex in nature. Our projects are very large and the job requires you to stay calm under pressure.
Be prepared to show excellent manners and professional behavior from day one. Candidates with exceptional oral and written communication skills will be give preference.
Base Pay $30.00 - $55.00 /Hour
Other Pay Paid time off and benefits subsidy after 6 months
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Consultant
Education 4 Year Degree
Experience 3 to greater than 15 years
Manages Others Yes
Required Travel Negligible
COMMERCIAL LINES UNDERWRITER
Staten Island Insurance agency seeking experienced commercial lines underwriter.
Must have experience to apply. Salary commensurate with experience.
E mail resume to: email@example.com
Staten Island, NY
Responsibilities: • Provide wide range of support to the CEO • Manage CEO calendars & communications • Manage special projects within the company as assigned • Prepare correspondence, research, briefs, presentations and other critical documents • Schedule meetings and travel arrangements • Help manage relationships across all company stakeholders • Manage sensitive personnel and customer matters • Location: New York City
Required Skills: • Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment • Excellent organizational and time management skills • Acute attention to detail and ability to juggle competing priorities • Must be a self-starter and adaptable to demanding situations and deadlines • Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills • Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) • 3-5 years of relevant work experience • BA degree or higher preferred
Education: • Bachelors degree or higher preferred
Compensation: • Salary range: $50,000 - $70,000 plus benefits commensurate with experience • Equity grant upon signing plus annual performance based option grant
AboutDemocracy .com: Launched at the Harvard Innovation Lab, Democracy.com is the first social network for civic engagement. Our mission is to empower a new age of grassroots engagement by providing universal access to the high-powered digital tools necessary to organize and take action. Democracy.com has grown to over 400,000 users in just one year, and received major awards for Best Political Technology Innovation and Best Online Fundraising Platform.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining press clippings and listings, researching new media contacts and publications, assisting with the production of media kits, helping to coordinate social media efforts, organizing our media storage and archives, as well as drafting outreach reports, advertising plans, and clipping books. Assisting with and attending special events and openings will require occasional after-hours commitment.
Applicants should possess strong writing and organizational skills, excellent phone manner, an eye for aesthetics, and an ability to work well in a small office setting. Some knowledge or background in architecture and design is essential. Must be literate in Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office. Experience in Filemaker, Photoshop, and InDesign is strongly preferred. Desired applicants must be willing to commit at least 3 full months to working at the company.
Prospective interns should be available for either a full-time schedule (Monday through Friday) or at least three full days per week (10am to 6pm). This internship offers a $25 per day stipend for food and transportation costs. Please be available for an in-person interview. You may visit our website for further information at www.bluemedium.com.
Please indicate which internship you are applying to and send in a cover letter, resume, and your availability by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please
Our offices are on the border of Park Slope and Gowanus, near the R, F and G trains in Brooklyn, so please apply only if you will be able to handle that commute. We welcome graduate students and applicants finishing their 1st year of college (or age equivalent) or older.
Festival Internship (4 positions available):
Help with all aspects of planning and managing a film festival. Internship tasks include:
• Organize film screenings (including in office prep and production)
• Coordinate volunteers
• Manage the box office and merchandise sales
• Marketing, research, promotions and community outreach
• Pre-screen programs of films
• Contact, correspond and host filmmakers
• Contact the press and promote the screenings
• Write press releases, blog posts and social network website updates
• Organize and maintain film databases
• Organize tape library
• Fundraising and development
• Audio and video tech work
• General office and festival work • Anything else you might be interested in — we want you to see how we work
Candidates should have good experience working with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and experience with Filemaker, HTML, design programs or video editing software is a plus.
Festival Internship candidates would be expected to average at least two days a week in the office and one evening show per week, but generally the more time you can commit the better.
Video Production Internship (2 positions available): Rooftop Films seeks organized, detail-oriented Video Production Interns to assist with the editing of show content and other video related tasks during the 2015 Rooftop Films Summer Series.
Internship tasks include:
• Shoot Q+A's, musical performances and interviews at screenings
• Edit short videos for the web
• Assist with filmmaker relations, correspondence and print traffic (coordination of film master delivery)
• Organize media library
• General office and festival work
The candidate should have:
• Final Cut Pro editing experience
• Photoshop experience
• Comfort in capturing/ripping/converting footage (from DVD, Bluray, mini dv and various HD formats)
• Interest in and eagerness to learn the technical aspects of video and graphic design
• Proficiency with Macs and Quicktime video codecs
• Media management skills/ability to track and organize high volume workflow
• Knowledge of DVD authoring (DVD Studio Pro / iDVD) is a plus
Video Production Internship candidates would be expected to average at least two days a week in the office and one evening show per week, but generally the more time you can commit the better.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.
Applications are due no later than April 24, 2015.
For the Festival Internship, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Festival Internship" in the subject line of your email.
For the Video Production Internship, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please include "Video Internship" in the subject line of your email
Desired Skills & Experience
Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of full-time development and grant writing experience, preferably in an arts setting. Bachelor's Degree required. Candidates will also demonstrate a commitment to the Museum’s mission, and to working to advance its position among national and international funders; experience working with arts and culture funders; proven track record of success in grant writing and fundraising; ability to advocate effectively for the Museum and its goals; superior communication and organizational skills; ability to remain flexible and focused in a demanding work environment and to prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint a must; experience with InDesign and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and note “Development Associate” in the subject line. Calls will not be accepted. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Development: looking for a student or recent post-graduate of an art-administration or art related program. Great opportunity to discover the administrative side of a prestigious art studio. Duties will include researching topics on the artist's new film projects, organizing and archiving publications about the artist, helping with the administrative side of storage and moving, acting as liaison between the print production facilities and the studio.
Production: looking preferably for a sculpture BFA or MFA student. Knowledge of 3D design and 3D printing a plus. Intern will advise on the production of sculptures designed by the artist for museum and gallery exhibitions. He or she will have a strong understanding of working with all materials, including fabric, wood, and metal. Carpentry skills required, a strong knowledge of contemporary and conceptual art practices a plus.
A 25$ daily stipend will be paid
Please send in your portfolio (for production), a cover letter and resume (for all applicants) at:
A letter of referral is preferred.
Do you have what it take to be the boss?... Mt. Kisco
JOB DESCRIPTION *************** Toll International LLC (http://www.toll intl.com), a leading... New York, NY
Would you like 2015 to be far superior to 2014... Home