Avis Budget Group operates two of the most recognized brands in the global vehicle rental industry through Avis Rent A Car System, LLC (Avis) and Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. (Budget). We take pride in each other, our service, workplace and company.
The Airport Manager position manages the rental operation at an airport to ensure that it functions effectively and efficiently to maximize profitability while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. Performs duties and provides service in accordance to established operation procedures and company policies.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, may vary based on airport assignment:
Manages all activities and personnel at an airport related to:
- Plans and implements staffing schedules based on business demands and transaction levels.
- Ensures customer complaints are handled and resolved in a timely, effective manner.
- Provides statistical information relating to transaction and revenue projections, comparisons to past results, share of market, salary and wages, manpower usage, etc. to management; consolidates statistics which projects expenditures and revenues based on past trends, and local economic conditions; analyzes and investigates unusual variations; makes recommendations based on data reported.
- Assists management in the preparation of the annual budget by recommending proper monthly allocations of overall budget amounts; monitors all expenses.
- Monitors the price of gasoline charges currently being paid and updates the Wizard system and charts used at the rental counter.
- Maintains adequate vehicle control in accordance with company guidelines, ensures proper missing vehicle reports are completed and filed with the Company's Security personnel and/or local police, and prepares follow-up reports.
- Reviews the rate analysis which indicates revenue per day, length of rental, revenue per transaction and other data for each rate offered by the Brand in order to determine which rate is the most profitable; makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Interacts with maintenance to maximize use by controlling idle days, coordinating identification of OOS, PM etc. vehicles.
- Ensures all Quality Assurance standards are maintained.
- Handles Corrective Action when necessary.
- Hires, supervises, trains, develops, motivates and evaluates the performance of staff. Implements HR department policies in the area of discipline, discharge, motivation and performance in a consistent and fair manner, referring to the appropriate HR manuals to ensure adherence. Establishes, communicates, monitors and updates objectives for staff consistent with the Company goals and objectives.
- Builds and maintains business relationships to facilitate organizational profitability.
Most new employees will be assigned a shift that includes working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Associate / Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent in education, experience or training).
- Two or more years operations, sales, customer service and/or supervisory experience preferably in a vehicle rental or related industry. (Years of experience will increase according based on airport assignment)
- General business knowledge to successfully operate an airport location.
- Good organizational and analytical skills to track all appropriate operational measures and analyze operational performance results.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to interact with both internal and external customers at all levels. Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
This job has supervisory responsibility for any combination of the following:
- Direct: Operations Managers
- Indirect: Rental Sales Agents, Customer Service Representatives, Service Agents, Shuttlers, Rovers, Bus Drivers and Dispatchers
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
• Post ID: 45466996 newyork