What you’ll be doing...
This key role is based at Verizon Wireless HQ in New Jersey and provides competitive, analytical, and strategic insight to members of senior management to facilitate the decision-making process. Specifically, this position is responsible for deep-dives into quarterly financial and operational results of industry peers and adjacent companies. Analysis and insight for each peer and adjacent company must be compiled each quarter.
In addition, this position conducts ongoing research of major developments in wireless, telecom, device, internet, and related industries to identify and report competitive issues and to create detailed financial and unit forecasts. The development of executive presentations on strategic initiatives, major industry developments, and competitive intelligence is a major responsibility. This position requires interpreting large amounts of data from a variety of internal and external sources, analyzing existing and emerging market opportunities, and synthesizing it into accessible, easy-to-understand recommendations for the group’s Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently, quickly, and seamlessly with co-workers both within Finance and across the Company. The candidate must be willing to take initiative, ask questions, and thoughtfully analyze/challenge results, and be very comfortable understanding financial statements and providing insights.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Detailed quarterly financial and operational analysis of industry peers and adjacent companies
- Oversee the development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual strategic and competitive reports, including the annual Strategic Plan and the quarterly Competitive Insights Report
- Manage intelligence-gathering and in-depth competitive analyses of industry, technology, and regulatory trends
- Prepare presentations and position papers on key issues facing the business to formulate company strategy and for senior management to present the company’s position at analyst conferences and meetings
Provide research and analysis of other businesses and industries in support of potential new business opportunities, business risk assessment, and potential alliances and partnerships
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Equity analyst or consulting experience
- Experience as a research or equity analyst or equivalent position
- Familiarity with enterprise information systems and data base analysis preferred
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Financial analysis experience
- Knowledge and understanding of wireless industry trends and key business drivers
- Business case creation experience
- Strong presentation creation skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to maintain close working relationship at all levels of management
- Ability to eventually lead and develop staff and work groups with multi-functional backgrounds
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2410828-business-developement-and-strategic-planning-manager
• Post ID: 152806377 newyork