We are building new Ad Solutions that leverage Verizon capabilities and data combined with Aol’s platforms, data and content to drive the next generation of Aol’s growth. The Business Development manager is responsible for helping to shape the market for new products as they are launching into their alpha and beta pre-commercial stages.
The Ad Solutions team is developing products across the continuum of advertising & marketing. The Business Development Manager will shepherd those early products to market in their pre-commercial form, by identifying new pilot opportunities, conducting competitive market analysis and training the commercial sales team as the products mature and scale. You will work with the Enterprise and Media Sales channels to identify pilot opportunities with large F500 brands and advertising agencies and internally with Pricing, Yield, Product and Engineering to the shape the pricing models, features and benefits of the products that will yield the best results in market. The primary goal of this job is to identify and sign the alpha and beta customers of these products.
You will be the subject matter expert for the Enterprise & Media sales teams as we shape the market through Innovation sessions, direct client pitches and RFP responses. Your product experience, sales coaching and relationship building will drive success of the products through its early stages of commercial launch as the sales team will rely on you for early wins.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the GTM plan
- Document and share competitive intelligence
- Create pricing models and commercial terms that are competitive, innovative and simple
- Execute with a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least six years of relevant work experience
- Experience with selling or developing products in the fields of big data, data driven marketing, predictive analytics or consumer insights
- Understanding of the competitive landscape for consumer insights products
- Ability to communicate the unique value proposition for such products as it relates to key client verticals such as Auto, CPG or Retail
- Client facing experience is critical, in sales or business development
- Ability to interact with executives in both a corporate and media agency environment
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with digital advertising platforms, products and services within a media and/or advertising business
- Demonstrable experience in product solutioning and pre-commercial product trials.
- Experience in integrating disparate businesses to deliver large scale product launches
- Capable of translating complex products into simple value propositions
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, build engagement and partner across engineering, marketing and teams. Proven experience translating products’ technical advantages into marketing differentiators.
- Effectively communicates and presents ideas to others in a manner that achieves clarity, buy-in, commitment, and success.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and comfort dealing with ambiguity
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6381989-business-development-lead-digital-advertising-solutions