What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for someone who can use data to shape strategy and solutions to join our team. You’ll analyze internal and external data to help identify and quantify the potential of new products, forecast sales, and provide decision support through the life of the product. You will be working with multiple stakeholders and balancing their needs to shape the direction of our new offerings and enable the product team to bring the best new products to market.
- Driving new product development and launches with data-driven insights.
- Evaluating and testing various alternative approaches and recommending the path forward.
- Performing advanced analytics, modeling and data mining to develop insights on our business.
- Supporting the product team with decisions related to new concepts based on data analytics.
- Monitoring performance and reporting ongoing and ad hoc metrics in reports, presentations, and dashboards targeted to the situation and audience.
The Business Intelligence team creates and utilizes tools that direct financial and operational decisions. This is done by leveraging massive internal and external data and making them accessible to decision makers in a format that is simple, visually pleasing and presented in a way to drive conclusions. Data includes engineering build progress, market readiness for sale, customer types, competitors, available workforce, and product offers.
We do this by leveraging Verizon’s extensive suite of support systems, Excel, R Studio, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx and custom in-house geospatial analysis tools. There is a heavy emphasis on sound, comprehensive and robust financial analysis that allows Verizon to maximize value on its capital investments.
The team must align assumptions and business case drivers across all of Verizon’s lines of business as well as capital management, finance, marketing, sales, sourcing, IT and legal teams. This requires strong interpersonal skill and the ability to drive to alignment when working on cross-functional teams.
All of this produces a three-dimensional analysis that forecasts financial value of the opportunity, project cost, and all required effort to drive to projects to completion.
This role involves working in a high-energy team focused on delivering strategic financial data for the Business Transformation initiatives.
What we’re looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have a strategic mindset. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace—and not just theory and numbers. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analyses.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management or technical consulting experience.
- Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally, an MBA.
- Balanced the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Product development or analytics experience in the technology sector.
- SQL, SQL, Editor for Oracle experience.
- Hadoop and Map/Reduce experience.
- Familiarity with data visualization software. Ideally, COGNOS or Tableau.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages. Ideally, Python or Perl.
- Business Intelligence Certification (CPBI).
- BS with a focus in Finance / Accounting (MBA preferred)
- 6+ years financial modeling, with mastery of Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency with Tableau a plus
- Experience with Alteryx a plus
- Experience with R Studio and or SQL a plus
- Ability to deliver accurate, on-time results
- Detail focused, excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6783827-business-intelligence-and-analytics-product-manager
• Post ID: 102346013 newyork