Business Intelligence Manager - Predictive Business and Data Analytics - Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ)
The Business Intelligence Manager will:
- Serve as the subject matter expert to partner with business users and drive the process of defining, developing and maintaining standardized KPI’s, reports and metrics
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external data sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights to decision makers
- Identifies and interprets trends in patterns to locate influences and construct forecasts and recommendations on strategic/tactical plans
- Solicit and analyze business and functional requirements to define target PNB Data Lake solution architecture.
- Act as a technical project lead to work with business/BIA engagement stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements. Work with other technical subject matter experts to develop strategy for sustainable and flexible analytics architecture and meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Develop technology specifications and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, and leverage existing technologies when possible.
- Ensure adoption of best practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation.
- Provide technical guidance to coach and mentor team members.
- Provide technical leadership for the BI team to perform data modeling, data load, customizing, and performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes).
- Assist in incident management, Change management, and review ongoing release and production management
- Provide subject matter expertise in developing technical standards, best practice guidelines, solution diagrams, and documentation standards
- Participates and provides input to overall BIA Systems and Applications Strategy including Data Governance and Master Data Management related initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a product management or technical consulting role
- Experience in data analytics application development and behavior/predictive analysis experience
- Project management experience
Ideally, you will also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Even better if you have your MBA or Master’s Degree in quantitative or related discipline
- Business Intelligence Certification (CPBI)
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience
- Five or more years of demonstrated success in data or business analytics, product management analytics, and proven project management experience
- Experience in product development or analytics in the Technology sector
- Experience with complex data analytics, data products, and Big Data technologies. Passion for Big Data technologies and how they will change business models
- At least three years of hands-on experience working with data analysis
- Excellent SQL skills; comfortable using various data access tools
- Experience working with Hadoop and Map/Reduce a plus
- Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS and scripting language (Python, Perl) experience a plus
- Experience with BI platforms such as Tableau, scripting language (Python, Perl) experience a plus
- Familiarity with the identification and resolution of issues working with disparate sources of data and data quality issues
- Experience working with cross functional teams to develop products and services. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- High level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501151-business-intelligence-manager