What you’ll be doing...
This role will support digital portfolio governance group operations. This role will be the centralized point of contact for all requests that are initiated by or impact any point of the digital ecosystem. The Business Planning and portfolio governance role will be responsible for the intake of all ideas of proposed work, interviewing business managers to identify core objectives and liaise back with the digital pod teams to identify which areas of digital will be impacted. This role will be the liaison across VCM and Digital working teams. This role will require experience in JIRA, general agile experience, as well as technical knowledge in system mapping and wireframes to understand digital impact across working teams. Simultaneously, this role will work back with all digital pod teams to understand the digital roadmap and release timing to build communications cadence back to the working teams and linkage into the existing VCM Feasibility and GTM processes to drive visibility across VCM.
- Lead the development of a Digital Roadmap/Business Plan for the Digital organization that outlines specific projects that will go into each IT release and the benefit associated with each project.
- Responsible for working with the Business and IT Front door to ensure capacity is set aside for the Digital organization to execute on the roadmap/business plan.
- Responsible for working with the Digital Directors to implement the Digital Roadmap/Business plan on time and within budget.
- Responsible for managing the Digital expense budget for vendors, digital agencies and consulting work tied to the Digital Roadmap/Business Plan.
- Manage the business case planning process for the Digital team which includes business case development, prioritization and project creation.
- Drive to closure any issues with prioritization, financial analysis and escalation.
- Develop and execute process to provide executive view of each major IT release, including internal and external projects supported by the team and benefit contribution of each.
- Define, lead and support a Directors PMO process for Verizon Digital Operations.
- Manage and coordinate large initiatives within the organization.
- Provide a weekly report out at the Director level on new initiatives, key program progress, D&E budget updates, and recommended best practices and process updates.
- Facilitate strategy decisions, escalations and mitigation approaches with input across the team.
- Provide leadership for major projects.
- Manage schedule of deliverables across the team and coordinate with internal and external shareholders, including but not limited to Marketing/Branding, other Digital teams, other Customer Engagement teams, PMOs, IT teams and Agencies.
- Assist with resolving issues and gaps.
- Coordinate PMO calls for key Verizon Digital Operations personnel and other teams.
- Work with the team to create and distribute the PMO call agenda and materials; the call shall focus on cross team working discussions, visibility and coordination of cross team projects; update of strategic initiatives, new processes, D&E activities and other key topics.
- Recommend and implement key PMO process improvements within the organization
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- 5 or moreyears managerial experience
- 5 or moreyears Digital experience with a focus on project management.
- 4 or moreyears ofexperience coordinating large project implementations.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Superior organization skills, ability to set daily and weekly priorities and maintain momentum through efficient and effective business planning.
- Demonstrated team player who can effectively handle multiple priorities simultaneouslywithin aggressive timelines
- Ability to forge strong cross-functional relationships with both IT (web, operations, development, etc.) and business (PLM, Marketing, Metrics, Legal, Testing, etc.) teams
- Extensive knowledge of Verizon Fios products, bundles and offers / promotions.
- Ability to read system maps and wireframes
- Experience in Jira
- Experience in Agile workflow
- PMP Certification
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2352191-business-operations-manager
• Post ID: 152805857 newyork