CASE MANAGER (Bilingual) [UPTPRO] - Center for Urban Community Services (New York, NY)
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Case Manager position at the Uptown Program. The program provides off-site services primarily to special needs individuals and families with histories of homelessness, mental illness and/or substance abuse. The individual and families units are located in six-buildings within the Harlem/Washington Heights community. The services include case management such as outreach, crisis prevention and intervention, psychiatric assessment and treatment, medication monitoring, information and referral, money management and collaborative service planning and support services to families.
Responsibilities: The Case Manager is the senior paraprofessional on a core team and provides a full range of case management and clinical services.
- Bachelor's Degree, or High School diploma and 4 years relevant experience (for Case Manager 2). High school diploma and 2 years experience (for Case Manager 1). For applicants without full degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for one year of experience
- Must have ability to serve a specialized population and be able to work effectively as a part of a team
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with a working knowledge of computers
• Post ID: 36993995 newyork