• Manage personnel and activities associated with large-scale, multi-year initiatives to collect security-relevant information across Verizon's products and services. This includes identifying and qualifying sources, negotiating technical, legal, and political roadblocks, and creating ongoing collection requirements.
• Manage personnel and activities associated with the central storage and management of information resources. This includes all hardware and software necessary to support this function.
• Manage personnel and activities associated with the analysis of information to derive tactical and strategic risk-based knowledge.
• Manage personnel and activities associated with the distribution of knowledge throughout Verizon to support internal groups, inform clients, and improve products and services.
• Support delivery of RISK Team products and services that require these information resources.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical or business discipline and 6+ years of experience in the information security field. Broad knowledge of information and communication technologies and the diverse policies, practices, and technologies used to protect them. Experience related to the responsibilities described in the prior section. Proven leadership skills. Adept problem solver. Strong aptitude for both independent and team-oriented work, analytical research, critical thinking, and mastering new concepts and technologies. Must be able to quickly parse out "the big picture" from copious amounts of information, yet dwell on the minutia whenever necessary. This position demands excellent character and discretion in handling sensitive and critical information, as well as the ability to pass financial and criminal background checks.
Advanced degree in a related discipline and6 or more years of experience in the information security field, preferably in a mix of operational, delivery, and/or research-oriented roles. Background in intelligence operations, digital forensics, netflow analysis, incident handling, and risk management. A breadth of detailed technical, operational, and organizational knowledge pertaining to Verizon's products and services will be a huge advantage in this role. Experience managing and delivering successful client engagements. Proven ability to design, draft, and publish high-quality technical and business-level reports, studies, whitepapers, articles, and blogs.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6718314-digital-forensics-manager
• Post ID: 97756953 newyork