District Manager - Banana Republic Long Island New York - Gap Inc (GARDEN CITY, NY)
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013 5:23 AM
* Accountable for meeting district payroll and expense budgets
* Accountable for brand appropriate strategic merchandising to maximize sales
* Drives brand loyalty by leading an outstanding internal and external customer experience
* Accountable for focal process for all leadership team members
* Creates development and training plans for direct reports
* Approves store hiring plans for General Managers
* Hires, trains and develops General Managers
* Ensures recruitment from a diverse applicant pool
* Develops succession plans for all General Managers
* Ensures career paths for all leadership team members
* Responsible for employee dispute resolution and escalated customer situations
* Creates shortage action plan in partnership with the leadership team to minimize loss and achieve shrink goal
* Ensures community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty
* Leads and inspires customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team
* Expert in store systems, policy and procedure.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
* Strong computer skills. Proficient in Excel and Word.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Ability to appropriately deal with employees and customers.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Minimum 5 years retail experience.
* Strong emphasis/experience in the store operations function and/or customer service industry.
* Ability to travel, including overnight as required.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
* 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred.
• Location: Other, GARDEN CITY
• Post ID: 36223328 newyork