What you’ll be doing...
The Employee Communications Manager develops and executes internal communications strategies and plans that engage, align and inspire employees -- both management and customer-facing teams -- with Verizon’s vision and business strategy. The successful candidate will also focus on driving employee understanding of the company's business priorities and key initiatives, promoting a performance-based culture.
- Provides strategic counsel to senior executives and develops messaging, videos and webcasts for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues and topics focused on the customer experience.
- Provides strategic planning and support for employee programs supporting Verizon’s business units and corporate groups to influence culture change and promote an inclusive working partnership with customer-facing groups, project teams, Marketing and media relations; leads internal communications for key national and strategic initiatives, develops content & anchors Up to Speed and focuses messaging on our innovation, employee recognition, and strong customer focus with emphasis on front-line customer-facing teams, all to help meet and exceed company objectives, and enhance our culture.
- Creates effective and collaborative internal communications processes and shares best practices across the global Culture and Employee Communications team.
- Researches industry trends (e.g. through networking, benchmarking, industry publications and contacts) to determine new methods for message delivery.
- Establishes and tracks metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee productivity and organization performance.
- Strong writing skills are also a key requirement.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in professional writing and leading communications programs, including change management communications, experience with corporate intranets, and marketing communications.
- Experience leading or anchoring on-air interviews, live hosting events or serving as public speaker or brand ambassador, internally or externally
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communication, or other related fields.
- 7+ years of experience in professional writing and leading communications programs, including change management communications, experience with corporate intranets, marketing communications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Extensive experience planning and executing events for senior executives.
- Exceptional writing, communications and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7938814-employee-communications-manager
• Post ID: 143100462 newyork