What you’ll be doing...
This position provides critical administrative support to several Directors in device marketing and product marketing. Specifically, this candidate will coordinate internally as well as with dozens of external companies for meetings, calls and off site events and travel. The candidate requires thorough knowledge of the Directors' span of control, as well as, company policies and procedures. Incumbent must be able to safeguard confidential information.
- Under limited supervision, coordinates, assists with and ensures office efficiency for a department through high level administrative support that often requires exercise of discretion, judgment and negotiation.
- Screens and directs incoming calls effectively with considerable use of tact, diplomacy and courtesy. Partners with other administrative staff to ensure constant coverage.
- Manages schedule and appointment calendar(s) and maintains sensitivity to changing priorities. Works with other Executive Assistants to coordinate Executive schedules.
- Reconciles and maintains all expense reports in accordance with Verizon Wireless guidelines.
- Performs project-related duties as requested (Edit and create power point presentations, excel sheets)
- Work closely with outside vendors to schedule and maintain weekly and monthly meetings.
- Obtain contract signatures through several departments.
- Book monthly conference rooms for meetings with outside vendors.
- Order business supplies for team members.
- Provides backup for VP’s EA.
- Keeps appointments and meetings on time; schedule changes when necessary.
- Manage travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal teams, including arranging appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, and other necessary preparations.
- Manage email contacts such as telephone, email, etc. Recognize business critical contacts and route appropriately for action based on urgency and business impact.
- Review, mail, fax and email; determine if meetings are needed/urgent and if action is required. Route as appropriate.
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings to take meeting notes and to understand priority for the week including arranging critical meetings
- Review with team upcoming meetings/conflicts to ensure proper coverage and pre-material is received – collaboration to take place at staff meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Previous corporate environment experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior level management and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and provide accurate follow up on all issues and correspondence.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suites.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills (i.e. for generating and editing memos).
- Extremely detail-oriented and possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and involvement is critical.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8047439-executive-assistant
• Post ID: 139314072 newyork