AsManager for External Communicationsyouwill be responsible for driving external communications for Verizon’s global enterprise business unit. In this role, you will help toadvance the business by aggressively and proactively executing a strategy that drives exposure and engagement with key influencers, media and bloggers. The external communications manager evangelizes the business, our products and services, customer experiences, and vertical market thought leadership. By defining desired outcomes in advance and measuring against them through data-driven analytics, you will help drive strong results for the business.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, manage and execute a communications plan that elevates your focal areas to drive market leadership and revenue.
- Develop succinct messaging and prepare company spokespeople for interactions with the press within the framework of the unit’s messaging and branding strategy.
- Be adept at storytelling using the full complement of communications tools to achieve measurable results, including content creation for and development of social media campaigns, product and customer news releases, media pitches, customer and partner initiatives, special events and tradeshows, executive speaking engagements and other growth-related PR initiatives on a national level with an eye toward the global marketplace.
- Provide public relations counsel, strategy and support to line of business leads and their teams for marketing of products and services, branding, reputation management and crisis communications.
- Interact and work collaboratively with cross-functional PR/marketing groups, including Corporate Communications; Network Operations PR, Industry Analyst Relations; Marketing Communications, Sales, Legal and Business Intelligence.
Required Skills/Experience (minimum of 8 years)
- Experience in framing and proactively communicating the company’s position with media and other key influencers.
- Adapt at problem solving, decision-making and analytical abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and execute complex projects strategically and autonomously.
- Documented experience in planning and producing written communications materials including news releases, media pitches, elevator speeches, customer success stories, fact sheets, white papers; social media content as well as PR plans.
- Knowledge of social media space and the ability to develop multi-media materials with an active, professional social media profile and engagement track record.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining great flexibility and accuracy.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly creative with strong interpersonal skills and a keen eye toward opportunity.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in a complex environment. High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- An open-minded approach and the ability to think on one’s feet.
Fluency in Spanish or other non-English language is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in public relations or relevant field providing experience in media relations, marketing publicity, community relations and crisis communications, at a relevant job level, preferably in an agency and/or Fortune 100 setting. Reporter background a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Diverse background, cultural competency, and a broad world-view are all assets in working in our dynamic, multicultural marketplace
- Preferred experience working within one of more of the following industries: enterprise technology, healthcare/insurance, retail, hospitality, energy/utilities, manufacturing, financial services, public sector, media/entertainment.
- Willingness to travel (between 10 to 20 percent)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6610555-external-communications-manager
• Post ID: 102346113 newyork