Verizon has embarked on an enterprise-wide Data and Analytics initiative to use data as a competitive advantage, and provide business insights that enhance shareholder value. The goal is to enhance the maturity of the use of Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics capabilities on this data. This is a multi-year initiative spanning all business units across this global Fortune 15 Company.
This newly created role is a unique opportunity to join this team being formed at the start of this initiative. As a key member of this team, this Senior Consultant must use forward-thinking, out of the box ideas and innovation to, i) ensure that effective and efficient analytics processes have been established in a collaborative manner, ii) help setup an operating model that allows the analytics execution teams across Verizon follow standard analytics processes with BU/Fun specific nuances as needed, and iii) lead execution of analytics projects that are pilots initially and subsequently become high value projects for Finance and Verizon.
You would need to be highly motivated, driven-to-succeed, collaborative team player, a dedicated hard-worker and an independent critical/analytical thinker. You would have a strong desire to make this transformation initiative a success; with a passion for bringing effectiveness and relevance to data assets and analytics tools and convert them to be used as a competitive advantage by the Business. Given the need to work with several cross functional IT and cross-Business teams, high emotional intelligence would help drive the successful building of these capabilities. This is a high visibility role working with several senior leaders, and success in this role will provide opportunities across the VZ enterprise.
This role will play a key role in the Governance and Operating Model work-stream in this initiative. He/she will help to envision, communicate, and facilitate processes deployment and execution of analytics projects related to this Data & Analytics initiative. He/she will collaborate with multiple Analytics teams across VZ to spread the use of best practices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual contributor will play the role of a senior analytics subject matter expert (SME) in the Governance and Operating Model work-stream
- He/she will be a senior independent team member who can drive thinking and discussions among senior leaders and multiple stakeholders across the Business
- He/she should be able to independently produce content needed for Governance (in analytics execution) with minimal supervision
- Some of the key areas of responsibilities in the this role would be –
~60% time commitment
- Review and analyze the gathered information on ongoing analytics processes and projects across various Analytics teams in VZ
- Collaborate to build related content and assist with presenting to program leadership, how data and analytics projects operate in Verizon (analytics processes)
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and build leadership support to transform the role of analytics in decision making moving from a decision support role to decision guidance role (analytics as partner not as support function)
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and get recognized as an Analytics subject matter expert among other practitioners and leadership
- Help with conducting needs assessment, and data analytics execution maturity evaluations with teams across Verizon
- Continually broaden and strengthen knowledge of analytical methods, vendors and tools
- Participate in knowledge/best practice sharing opportunities and POCs using new and upcoming tools in Data & Analytics space like BIRST, Kyvos, etc.
- Help foster a continuous test and learn culture and process - i.e. rapid cycle learning
~40% time commitment
- Assess and present Finance/FP&A analytics project benefits assumptions & projections and how they tie to the strategic direction for Data & Analytics and priorities
- Hands on active execution of analytical projects delivering improvements in decision-making and business strategies via advanced analytics
- Work in close collaboration with other analytics practitioners to leverage expertise in data management, advanced modeling, scoring etc.
- Participate in the design, implementation and interpretation of advanced multi-factor experiments to evolve current single factor testing approach
- Prepare presentations and documentations of complex statistical concepts and research results to be shared with non-statistical audience and senior stakeholders
- Provide guidance to other BU/Function Analytics teams on process improvements; perform peer reviews of other Analytics projects led by these teams
In order to be successful, the Analytics Execution Subject Matter Expert in the Data and Analytics initiative should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Economics/Econometrics, Computer Science, or Operations Research
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of active experience in:
- Developing and implementing advanced analytical solutions to complex business problems/opportunities
- Data management, pattern recognition and visualization expertise used to realize tangible and incremental financial gains and deploy strategic capabilities
- Working in the Consumer/Retail space within the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Technology or other related mass market industries preferred, however, similar work in other industries will be considered
- Hands on usage of SAS, SPSS or comparable tool required; ability to use/program in SQL, NoSQL, VBA, MATLAB, JAVA, Python, R or other related tools
- Good experience with Hadoop framework and visualization tools like Tableau, Qlikview, Oracle suite, etc.
- Broad and deep knowledge of optimization, simulation, classification, regression, decision trees, neural networks, cluster analysis, mixed models and forecasting models
- Knowledge of different Business and IT groups within Verizon (desired)
- Has executive presence to present to senior leaders
- Can operate in an independent manner with minimal guidance
- Good organizational and problem solving skills – ability to organize, plan and develop solutions to complex issues
- Capable of multitasking and delivering on quick turnaround times
- Independent thinker who takes the initiative often to take on responsibilities and challenges
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6151594-financial-analytics-manager
• Post ID: 97113003 newyork