Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.concordhotels.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Supervision of Front Desk Personnel, develop and post weekly work schedule of Front Desk Associates.
- Provide support to the Front Desk at busy times, by answering the telephone,
- taking messages, and assisting guests in the registration and checkout of the hotel.
- Assist with selection, training, counseling and motivating hourly associates.
- Conduct Front Desk personnel performance appraisals.
- Ensure Front Office associates follow proper cash control procedures.
- Supervision of Breakfast Personnel. Assisting them in the selections of food items.
- Coordinating and assisting with the purchase of food and supplies from Food Supplier. Develop an inventory control of food and supplies.
- Assist the General Manager and Housekeeping Manager in the supervision of the Housekeeping Department.
- Assist in monitoring the expenses of each departmental budget with the exception of the Sales Department and Maintenance Department.
- Participate in the development of the hotel expense budget.
- Assist hotel management and sales teams with the implementation and execution of revenue programs to ensure that the hotels room occupancy, average daily rate, and RevPar objectives are met.
- Coordinate and administer the daily transmittal of cash and checks to the bank.
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable ledgers.
- Able to perform Night Auditor Duties.
- Balance Hotel books at the end of each period. Prepare audit reports for end of period. Send End of Period reports to Corporate on the due date of each new period.
- Work with individual vendors - making sure services and invoices match getting the best price for supplies.
- Ensure an associate attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
- Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with all guest services and facilities.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures. Train associates to act accordingly in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
- Assist in the maintenance of the key control program that is already in place
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
- Participate in community activities, associate functions, and guest events.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
- Communicate with the General Manager on a daily basis.
- Inform General Manager of potential problems with guests and progress of special projects.
- Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities as required.
- Ensure proper communication and teamwork are continuous with sister properties and carry out any reasonable request by Management that I am capable of performing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001BC8&lang=en
• Post ID: 153782017 newyork