A HVAC Engineer must be skilled in one of the following technical areas: ventilating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical work and heating plant maintenance. A HVAC Engineer is required to start, operate, repair and maintain all types of central and package air conditioning plants used for controlling space temperature and humidity in buildings.
- Reviews and interprets work order forms, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Maintains and repairs refrigeration compressors, coils, valves, condensers, cooling towers, pumps and other associated cooling equipment.
- Starts, operates, repairs and maintains various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment.
- Maintains and repairs air handling equipment.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of equipment and the control of temperature and humidity.
- Maintains and repairs motor controllers and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Uses general and special tools, test meters, and gauges commonly used in connection with air conditioning, air handling and heating plant maintenance.
- Repairs and maintains sump pumps and associated controls and other peripheral building equipment.
- Performs inspections and makes repairs on equipment or systems as required by Verizon Practices and/or local ordinances.
- Moves and/or lifts weight up to 100 pounds.
- Cares for one or more building locating.
- Travels from the building to another by public transportation or Company vehicle.
- Works aloft from ladders, platforms, scaffolds and in high areas.
Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $459.00 - $1704.00
This position requires you must possess a:
- Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Refrigeration machinery operation license issued by state of New York Fire Department.
Building Maint Qual Test
Real Estate Field SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7301030-hvac-engineer-telecom
• Post ID: 143100762 newyork