Using Agile methodologies and Tools project manage end to end medium to large scope projects, providing guidance and leadership to working team, keeping task level activities accounted for.
Maintain visibility and status for internal and strategic initiatives, focusing on planning and pre-implementation phases.
Work with stakeholders including internal team leadership, business partners and IT peers to maintain communication and alignment.
Prepare and communicate presentations on overview and status of strategic initiatives. This includes ongoing readouts as well as ad-hoc requests.
Accountable for clear communication on risk, impediment resolution and constructive escalations
Facilitates the process of gathering level of effort, project risks and gap analysis. Understands the SDLC Waterfall and Agile methodologies and communicates executive level status
Works closely with the Business Analysts, Developers and QA participants to validate the level of effort and resource availability, cross application impact and any potential overlap across other work aligned.
Understands company and team standards and leverages best practices to deliver quality projects.
Understands and incorporates company policies and demands of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Agile methodologies and agile tools knowledge and experience
- Intermediate knowledge of project management concepts.
- Excellent business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts.
- Strong knowledge of methodology, tools, standards and procedures.
- Excellent technical/analytical skills (e.g., systems design) and/or strong programming and design skills.
- Strong decision-making and people leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g., MS Office/Project/Visio etc.).
- Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Independent thinking.
- Intermediate knowledge of tools like Clarity, Jira, Remedy, Visio.
- Experience in Databases like SharePoint, Cognos and other reporting tools.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6626841-it-project-manager
• Post ID: 101705423 newyork