K-12 Math Proofreader (Part-Time) - Kaplan Inc (New York, NY)
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:12 AM
Kaplan K12 is developing an online supplemental and test-preparation product to help students develop a richer, deeper understanding of mathematical thinking and succeed on the Common Core assessments. We are looking for strong proofreaders with a solid understanding of math at the elementary and middle school level to cold solve math questions and proofread lessons and assessment questions according to Kaplan's guidelines.
* Proofread content for a new online supplemental product for students grades 3-8, including scaffolded hints, video scripts, practice questions, and assessment questions aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
* Cold solve math questions to insure that correct answers are present, and that they are indicated as correct.
* Proofread lesson and test content in Kaplan's online content management system.
* Proofread minimally formatted video scripts in PowerPoint. Confirm that video scripts have been correctly translated into working videos without errors.
* Responsibly manage time to meet deadlines.
* Attend weekly meetings online. Attend additional short online meetings during the start-up phase of the project.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 3+ years experience editing or proofreading educational materials for mathematics.
* Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
* Computer skills and willingness to learn to use Kaplan's Content Management System for editing content.
Contract or part-time, temporary position.
• Post ID: 36853863 newyork