You will create learning solutions that ensure our employees can be their best here, where Better Matters. These programs will align with the business needs and culture of our organization. You will leverage technology and innovative tools to support the employees learning journey to build the Verizon of the future.
Primarily responsible for client engagement and project management in the newly formed Verizon Business Markets, responsible to envision, strategize and partner in the development, management, and execution of programs that improve the customer experience, enhance employee engagement, drive growth, and reduce business cost. Key responsibilities include:
- Functional and strategic project leadership and management responsibility
- Cross functional /multi-channel development, implementation and management of global projects
- Deliver needed training programs for functional and general skill development as well as certify trainers to deliver complex training programs.
- Partner with managers to assist internal clients to respond to employee development needs.
Requires minimal, if any, management direction and/or supervision, instead leads all milestone SME and manager reviews. Set schedules, manages internal/external development resources, and communicates progress/issues. Receives broad guidance and is accountable for entire projects and overall program results.
- Program and Project Management:
- Collaborates with senior leaders and learning & development to identify and translate business needs into learner centered training solutions and execution plans for national and multi-channel projects.
- Influences the direction and outcome of global projects/programs to ensure that the customer experience, learner experience, business expectations and learning and development needs are met.
- Plans, manages, and implements strategic initiatives and specific programs/projects.
- Complete oversight on large-scale projects. Responsibilities include planning, training execution, trainer readiness, budget, stakeholder feedback, and program evaluation/analysis.
- Communicates program / training effectiveness to leadership/stakeholders, utilizing various measurement and feedback tools
- Assesses training and performance needs and provides training or developmental solutions
- Manages delivery of global training programs including customer interaction skills, management skills, products/services, operations, sales skills and systems training programs
- Performance Consulting and Learning Effectiveness:
- Partners with development managers to ensure learning solutions are created to meet business needs, close skill gaps and provide reinforcement strategies
- Experience creating evaluation plans for various training programs, up to and including ROI where appropriate.
- Observes in field learner interactions; classroom training and calibrations with training leaders
- Expert Level Training Delivery/Facilitation:
- Facilitates training sessions on advanced skill topics including, but not limited to; strategic sales or service skills, technical/complex sales (emerging technology) solutions, leadership skills, negotiation skills, influence and persuasion skills and any other programs as needed enterprise wide
- Facilitates large scale meetings, symposiums, workshops with cross functional employees enterprise wide
- Demonstrates proficiency in learning tools and applications to conduct and develop training for classroom or virtual delivery and/or new modalities
- Coaches and motivates employees to achieve optimal performance, providing feedback to leadership as needed both inside and outside the classroom
- Supports and delivers general and functional leadership training programs
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501270-learning-and-development-manager