You will lead a team who create learning solutions that ensure our employees can be their best here, where Better Matters. These programs will align with the business needs and culture of our organization. You will leverage your experience and knowledge of technology to support the learning journey to build the Verizon of the future.In addition, you will play a key role in building our corporate training center strategy for our new leadership development center located in Basking Ridge, NJ.
- Collaborate with business leaders to decide which areas of training to develop and how they should be delivered – in classroom, in a webinar or by eLearning.
- Create new approaches to motivate your team, close gaps and overcome challenges.
- Organize, plan work, set priorities and execute action plans.
- Manage your team’s schedules and resources as the programs are built.
- Report progress to top leaders, especially when it affects return on investment.
- Build out new leadership training center strategy involving all aspects of onsite learner experience including quality of learning content, execution of programs and optimal use of center resources in partnership with the Executive Education team and Global Real Estate.
- Direct all aspects of new program implementation and maintenance including development and support for train-the-trainer sessions and development of course materials
- Identify and create curriculum for new hire/new-to-role programs, rotational college hire programs and other specific employee populations
- Design training measurement plans and work with team to conduct Levels 1-5 course evaluation
- Conduct benchmarking and online research to identify best-in-class approaches to leadership development, and identify potential new programs and vendor partners
- Identify external partners for training content and delivery; handle creation of statements of work and negotiation of terms of agreement
- Manage projects and project teams including project planning, timeline and budget management
- Identify and implement next practices and opportunities to leverage technology and other innovative learning practices
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience creating custom learning programs and activities.
- Experience with training program evaluation and ROI analyses
- Experience with vendor selection and management
- Experience with on-site training facility strategy and program management
- Experience managing a team
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- The know-how to drive positive results in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, engagement, and to act as an influencer at all levels.
- Curiosity about new technology and the possibilities it creates.
- Experience creating custom learning programs and activities
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6504125-learning-and-development-senior-manager