Manager of Financial Operations - Vision Education & Media (New York, NY)
Manager of Financial Operations
Vision Education & Media (VEM) is a growing company that provides creative programs to youth in technology and multimedia. Our cutting edge use of technology allows students to create projects that are meaningful to them, from building and programming robots to designing video games and claymations.
VEM is seeking a full-time Manager of Financial Operations to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 - 6 years of experience in managing the financial side of a business, with outstanding organizational capabilities, and be comfortable supporting a cross-departmental team of five. This person will have an opportunity to impact the overall growth strategy of Vision Education and Media, and must have an entrepreneurial spirit.
This person will have an opportunity to impact the overall growth strategy of Vision Education and Media, and must have an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Manager of Financial Operations reports directly to the President and CEO of the company and will have one direct report. The company is based on the upper west side of Manhattan.
Manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain all internal accounting and bookkeeping including, daily cash flow management, monthly bank reconciliations, preparation of schedules needed for tax return preparation
- Forecast short and long term cash flow and conduct strategic planning based on analysis
- Present accurate, key financial data to CEO and department heads and provide advice on financial and business decisions.
- Oversee company and department budgets and perform regular variance analysis
- Evaluate and monitor pricing structure of programs based on market trends and industry drivers
- Work with departmental sales teams to develop strategy and forecast financial outcomes of alternate scenarios
- Manage all payroll and payroll related issues
- Ensure payroll is paid correctly and on time
- Keep current with labor laws and ensure compliance
- Oversee all health benefits and administration
- Manage all documentation for new and current employees
- BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 - 6 years of experience in Operational Financial roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented team player focused on organization-wide priorities
- Excellent influencing, cooperation, and negotiation skills, and the ability to use them appropriately with clients, full-time and part-time staff
- Strong analytical skills and business/financial acumen
- Excellence in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellence in Quick Books
- Experience with double entry bookkeeping
- Outstanding project and time management skills, including prioritization and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand business requirements of a customer-focused organization and to provide solutions to daily operational issues
- Outstanding data-based judgment and prioritization capabilities
- Interest in education, technology, and children,
- A good sense of humor
Vision Education & Media|RoboFun www.robofun.org
• Post ID: 36829555 newyork