What you’ll be doing...
Apply best in class strategic planning processes and tools that emphasize financial modeling and competitive analysis to develop strategic plans that drive transformational growth from inception through execution.
- Apply VZ’s strategic framework and develop the long term perspective for the Consumer domain with a strong outside-in orientation.
- Assist with strategic planning process for the VZW Consumer domain.
- Contribute expertise in competitive dynamics, emerging trends, risks and opportunities for the Consumer domain.
- Operationalize VZW’s go-to-market strategy based on segmentation and differentiation of the Consumer domain.
- Work with VZ business units to identify/propose/evaluate ways to expand or cultivate new partnerships.
- Participate and partner with consumer counterparts of the business (e.g., Marketing, Finance) to consistently integrate the strategic thinking/planning.
- Support the development of strategic frameworks, customer and competitor insights, technology trend assessments, and business cases to ensure the leadership team is engaging in strategic conversations re: the Consumer domain.
- Develop strategic reports to highlight macro and consumer trends, key competitors and new entrants, compelling business models, disruptive/emerging technologies—and successfully translate these into comprehensive insights and implications for the Consumer domain.
- Apply data-based analytical thinking to understand and respond to external marketplace trends and to frame medium term operational levers including distribution, customer care and networks operations.
- Anticipate and support executive management in responding to domain trends by contributing business cases and analytics that are linked to strategy and financial plans.
- Work closely with product teams to articulate the strategic rationale for the domain and to define the business model for revenue generation and support the business case development.
- Relies upon a consultative approach in all planning partnerships that reinforces the enterprise-wide strategic planning process, provides financial and analytical expertise, and identifies synergies/lack thereof amongst VZW BU strategic plans.
- Foster and facilitate alignment across the business.
- Identify, prioritize, structure and lead multiple projects or major project work streams to deliver on wireless strategy (i.e., Distribution Strategy - drive segmentation strategy within the overarching distribution strategy).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
Master’s degree – more impressive if you have an MBA.
Experience managing multiple projects across a large enterprise.
Segmentation strategy experience.
Strong written communication skills with ability to visualize strategic recommendations.
Ability to manage a changing environment with many stakeholders.
Strong sense of curiosity and desire to build relationships across a large and diverse organization.
Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the ‘why’ of various data and research.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with outstanding presentation, facilitation, and active listening skills.
Strong experience in stakeholder management.
Strong Microsoft Office skills including powerpoint and excel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8158319-marketing-manager-consumer-strategy
• Post ID: 143100047 newyork