What you’ll be doing...
Manager, Business Operations and Project Management
This position is an integral member of the Experience Strategy and Planning team directly supporting the Director of Strategy and Operations, Digital Experience. The incumbent will manage strategic projects across the organization. Some key functions include managing executive-level analyses and presenting key initiatives and overall business results across the Digital Experience Team and Leadership Team. This candidate will also be responsible for managing all projects in the Digital Experience group, helping manage work flow, real time status and overall team integration. Additionally responsible for driving and Project Managing internal and third party teams as well as the governance of budget, headcount, and partnering with all support organizations for key projects.
The team also provides business operations support to the organization including reporting and management of expenses for the entire group as well as deep involvement in the budget planning process. The position will also manage executive-level presentations and reporting as well as internal communications across organization.
- Responsible for providing business operational support and for internal business projects and programs from inception to completion.
- Responsible for managing and tracking organization headcount and staffing (including contractors) to meet financial targets.
- Responsible for managing productivity of individual contributors and balancing the workload effectively.
- Manage cross-functional project teams utilizing project management processes.
- Ensure team compliance with HR policies and training requirements.
- Manage Bus Ops team communication and engagement for greater TE team.
- Establish relationships with representatives from HR, Employee Communications, Employee Relations, IT, Legal and other organizations as needed for greater TE team.
- Serves as single point of contact for all senior stakeholder communication initiatives.
- Provides proactive communications to ensure all leadership concerns are addressed time.
- Team governance & ongoing development
- Project inventory analysis across the org
Program / Project Management:
- Identify and manage dependencies and interdependencies between projects. Work with the Project Sponsors and/or Product Owners in the planning of projects.
- Manage, prioritize and distribute incoming project demand in parallel within the TE organization.
- Establish and monitor master project plans, acquisition and coordination of resources.
- Serve as project management interface between TE, Corporate Finance, Business Unit Finance, Marketing Effectiveness and Business Units.
- Responsible for all executive reporting and presentation materials, including creation and maintenance of an executive dashboard to reflect project performance.
- Provide senior management oversight and support on all vendor related issues across the TE org including internal procurement & strategic sourcing support.
- Identify key interdependencies in projects between TE and the Business Units to ensure alignment and successful outcomes.
Finance & Budget Management:
- Manage entire TE annual budget reporting with agency and internal business units.
- Provide support in analyzing budget, including forecasts and allocations.
- Conduct monthly financial analysis and reporting of results compared to annual financial plans and targets; enabling informed and effective business decisions by senior leaders.
- Develop quarterly best views of all budgets to ensure finance is accruing to accurate totals.
- Liaise with Partner Relations to review partner performance and finance groups for clear levels of communication & ROI benefit realization.
What we’re looking for...
- BA/BS with concentration in Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management or equal work experience
- 7+ years of directly related experience with a strong finance or project management background
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with various/complex stakeholder groups & functions, & various levels of mgmt.
- Execute against tight timelines to ingest data and provide feedback to organization
- Experience in creating programs of constant engagement to minimize employee attrition
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally
- Ability to establish plans, monitor and report on program/project status
- Must be able to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues and risks to stakeholders
- This position requires the ability to work accurately under time pressures; and ability to work independently with minimal supervision in an environment with frequently changing business needs
- Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Solid track record of achieving or exceeding targeted results
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways
- Comfort in working up and across the organization –working with senior staff members within and across the organization
- Experience handling extremely confidential information appropriately
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6790285-mgr-business-operations
• Post ID: 102870288 newyork