SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a senior member of Organizational Effectiveness and Change Management Center of Excellence, the OE Manager is responsible for strategy enablement for his/her core clients: diagnosing current state, stakeholder alignment, future state design and development, transformation planning and change management/execution activities across Verizon’s diverse businesses. His/Her primary objectives are to:
- Serve as the key point of contact for organization effectiveness work across a business/function.
- Support clients by providing tools and expertise in areas such as change management, organization design, team development, and cultural change.
- Diagnose and assess organizational gaps and determine appropriate interventions which could include stakeholder alignment, organizational structure changes, roles and responsibilities clarity, strategy and goal deployment, intergroup and team interventions, transformation plan creation, and change execution.
- Partner with clients and business transformation to identify opportunities for sustainable process improvements.
- Build capabilities in partners and clients in organization effectiveness
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business and Executive Partnering
- Know the business and build/manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategy and organization effectiveness; grow and evolve the support provided.
- Maintain role of trusted advisor to leaders with different styles and approaches, being a truth-teller leveraging data
- Organization and Structure Design
- Design and implement operating models that align organizations with strategic objectives
- Utilize models, tools and processes (STAR, 7S, etc.) to improve the effectiveness – including organization structure, roles and responsibilities, job redesign, job descriptions, and skills assessments
- Propose new and alternate organization structures which align with the organization’s strategic goals and evaluate their effectiveness
- Intergroup and Team Intervention
- Identify and improve areas of intersection between teams or groups
- Select and work with vendor and/or design and develop appropriate interventions i.e. team development, conflict management, group norms, vision and goal alignment, role clarification, problem solving and decision-making process improvements
- Culture Change
- Assess organization culture dynamics
- Design culture change plans and develop change activities to meet culture alignment objectives
- Collaborate with and coach business leaders to effectively lead and support change efforts
- Change Enablement & Commitment
- Develop and implement change management strategy and plan to support initiatives through deployment of VZ Change Methodology. Initiatives may include culture shift, restructuring, work transitions, and M&A
- Regularly evaluate risks; design, develop and deliver solutions to address
- Enable stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, impact analysis, communications, business readiness, deployment, and adoption measurement
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively with an executive level client base
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence
- Track record of achieving results in challenging assignments, handling multiple priorities
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Practical and comprehensive knowledge and application of organizational design and development and change management concepts, tools, and methods
- Experience providing formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership
- Ability to influence multiple levels of the organization and build relationships quickly
- Strong consultative, communication and problem solving skills, including ability to collect, assimilate and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with HR to achieve desired business results
- Familiarity with quality and productivity tools and methodologies
- Strong business acumen to support strategic alignment of initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business, or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in HR/organization development/effectiveness/change or related
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field preferred
- Multi-industry experience preferred
- Six sigma green belt certification preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6503894-organization-effectiveness-manager