What you’ll be doing...
As a Manager in our Cloud Transformation practice you will bring considerable expertise to lead enterprise-wide transformation project teams through handling PMO Communication Management function. The Cloud Communication Manager will be responsible for communicating all the required information from various parts of the program to the LOB communities. This would enable acceleration of the transformation of specific LOB organization into a “public cloud first engineering organization”. The incumbent will define the model to optimize PMO communication processes to cause operationalization of the engineering oriented cloud organization culture. This position requires collaboration and partnership with team members and senior business leaders to identify transformation opportunities, craft solutions and develop compelling business cases to create value and advance our enterprise-wide stakeholder commitments.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The Cloud PMO Communication manager will focus on following threads of PMO activities:
- Communication Management Plan, incorporated into overall Project management
- Identify various communication elements for both technical enablement as well as people/process change management
- Establish communication cadence
- Manage both inbound and outbound communication from the enablement team
- Develop communication element samples for approval by stakeholders and facilitate adoption of communication elements.
- Collaborate with training/knowledge management as well as LOB Project Management peers to coordinate smooth and timely dissemination of information.
- Provide leadership and support into the cloud adoption process for specific LOB(s).
- Provide thought leadership to senior business and technology leaders to recommend solutions to business challenges and opportunities by applying critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop the approach and program to deliver a successful migration model to customers LOB(s) through leveraging production support, database, sourcing, legal, security and engineering teams, technology and consulting partner channels, and self-service.
- Recommend best vehicle for communication management including consultative workshops, reference materials, partner engagements, linkages to relevant Amazon programs and solutions, POCs, Newsletters to drive acceleration.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Prior experience in professional services / “Big 4” consulting environment strongly preferred.
- Creative writing skills for effective business communications with various constituencies.
- PMO experience in Communication Management function.
- Additional experience in at least two of these areas: PMO set up, PMO administration and management of PMO functions, governance, project tracking / reporting.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience working on transformation projects/programs identifying solutions that re-engineer or streamline processes, work practices and/or technology within a function or specific capability area.
- Experience applying influence, consultative and negotiation skills in a matrixed leadership
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and able to work at a detailed level in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through a complex organization.
- Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, appropriately balancing priorities and workload.
- Proven knowledge and abilities in the principles of change management and process improvement.
- MBA or master’s degree in management related area.
- PMI Certification.
- Certification in cloud management/migration area.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6791498-pmo-communication-manager-cloud-deployment
• Post ID: 102870098 newyork