What you’ll be doing...
As a Manager in our Cloud Transformation practice you will bring considerable expertise to lead enterprise-wide transformation project teams through handling PMO Training Management function. The Cloud Training Manager will be responsible for coordinating AWS Cloud Certification training activities to enable acceleration of the transformation of specific LOB organizations into a “public cloud first engineering organization”. The incumbent will define the model to optimize PMO training processes to cause operationalization of the engineering oriented cloud organization culture. This position requires collaboration and partnership with team members and senior business leaders to identify transformation opportunities, craft solutions and develop compelling business cases to create value and advance our enterprise-wide stakeholder commitments.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- The Cloud PMO Training manager will focus on following threads of PMO Training activities for the LOBs:
- Develop Training Plan
- Coordinate learning activities for AWS Cloud Certification
- Partner with Verizon L&D to finalize selection of Training Vendor(s)
- Assist L&D with on-boarding and enabling training vendors in Verizon environment
- Capture Technical enablement metrics of training and provide leadership report on it
- Ensure implementation of the Cloud Training Plan stays on track.
- Provide input into the cloud adoption process for specific LOB(s) for the training management function; provide leadership and support
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Prior experience in professional services / “Big 4” consulting environment strongly preferred.
- PMO experience in Training Management function.
- Additional experience in at least two of these areas: PMO set up, PMO administration and management of PMO functions, governance, project tracking / reporting.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience working on transformation projects/programs identifying solutions that re-engineer or streamline processes, work practices and/or technology within a function or specific capability area.
- Experience applying influence, consultative and negotiation skills in a matrixed leadership.
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and able to work at a detailed level in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through a complex organization.
- Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, appropriately balancing priorities and workload.
- Proven knowledge and abilities in the principles of change management and process improvement.
- MBA or master’s degree in management related area.
- PMI Certification.
- Certification in cloud management/migration area.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6791469-pmo-training-manager-cloud-deployment
• Post ID: 102870438 newyork