What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be helping us bring the best possible experiences to our customers by helping us to identify what they like, and create personalized recommendations for them based on what we’ve learned. Using your analytics expertise, you’ll help us figure out how to get the most accurate information and insights from all kinds of data that tell us what consumers are clicking on, listening to and watching...so we know where to focus.
The Predictive Analytics Consultant will develop and drive advanced strategic analysis that may include correlation models, statistical analyses, data mining, machine learning, visualization, and related analytical techniques to solve complex supply chain challenges. The candidate will partner with internal partners including Supply Chain business units, Operations, IT, Tools team, and software solutions vendors.
- Analyze large Verizon data sets in conjunction with statistical modeling software and other analytics platforms to drive strategy development for Verizon procurement organization
- Create new analytics approaches and methodologies in conjunction with Supply Chain business units to answer business needs. Customers include Supply Chain business units, Strategic Sourcing VSIL, and all supply chain customers within the enterprise.
- Drive adoption and application of analytical model results with business partners
- Partner with IT to effective migrate reports from prototype to production
- Create reports and automate analytics reporting strategy with IT
- Create meaningful visualizations
- Define and develop metrics related to procurement performance, suppliers, supply chain, and financial measures
- Define requirements based on stakeholder engagement as well as detailed analysis of vendor scorecard performance and standard reports
- Lead analysis to address supply chain challenges
- Develop and analyze analytical data sets
- Perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activities
- Deliver analysis to agreed upon schedule
Tools & Systems
- Increase automation of advanced analytics for Verizon Procurement organization
- Partner with IT on implementation of new tools and systems
- Lead implementation of strategic projects
Communication and Engagement
- Proactively engage stakeholders to ensure current and future needs are met
- Maintain a working knowledge of data science best practices
What we’re looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Designing reports and spreadsheets is a fun afternoon for you. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You understand the importance of accuracy in data analytics and reporting. You are a self-starter and a multitasker who can work independently under tight timelines. You want to make an impact by providing the data that will help improve the experience of our customers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Supply chain experience.
- Knowledge of creating analytical data sets, ERP systems, SQL, statistical software packages.
- Knowledge of Tableau or Qlik.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of Tableau and data visualization.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations research, Economics, or a related field.
- Master’s degree.
- Four or more years of supply chain experience with strong competency in supply chain management across multiple disciplines.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: ERP systems, SQL, statistical packages (R, Statistica, JMP, SAS, SPSS), Vizualization (Tableau, Qlikview, inetsoft, D3.js), programming (Python, .NET, Java) , database proficiency/architecture (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB), machine learning (SKLearn or similar packages), big data (Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce).
- Worked with applied statistics including regression models.
- Experience working in multiple processes within the SCOR framework, supply chain practices and metrics is preferred.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7524266-predictive-analytics-specialist
• Post ID: 143100202 newyork