What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for end-to-end project management of wireless features and products for Verizon consumer products organization. The manager will be responsible for managing the product roadmap by taking the lead on deliverables and timing of all aspects of the project.
This position will facilitate between the Product Teams and the consumer products unit to deploy new products to the market. The manger will communicate and get signoff of functional and technical product specifications/requirements and lock down product release schedules between the product teams and business unit. This position will also project manage the initial stages of the all new wireless business product launches.
The team member will incorporate new and existing data analytics into the new product requirements to create metrics to track new product performance. This team member will also be responsible for portfolio lifecycle management, including existing product rationalization/justification. The role will assist in implementing new processes and optimizing existing processes and tools.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Technical Program Management.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Engineering related fields of study with Master's degree preferred (MBA, MIS, M.S. in Engineering).
- PMP Certification (preferred).
- Eight or more years of total experience in Technical Program Management (Product Management, Project Management, Product Strategy, Lifecycle Management, Product Rationalization and Scheduling).
- Background managing product specifications/requirements and defining and implementing product strategy/roadmaps.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent written and verbal communications to clearly and regularly communicate status, issues and risks to executive stakeholders.
- Wireless background with experience in developing business models for new technology products.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in product lifecycle management including formal stage gate process.
- Experience managing large cross-functional teams.
- Product Marketing and deployment experience.
- Ability to quickly resolve complex problems and identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action to keep program schedules on track.
- Knowledge of video, wireless, and/or broadband platforms, consumer electronics devices, and application development.
- Telecommunication and media business experience.
- Understanding of Software Development methodologies and Product Development.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6787848-program-project-manager
• Post ID: 102646298 newyork