The Wireless Business Group (WBG) Manager for Business Intelligence is responsible for leading a team to provide business analysis, modeling and forecasting, as well as data mining of sales and revenue reporting, historical trends, and funnel/opportunity reporting, P&L and any other WBG business metrics to perform deep dive analysis into all aspects of the WBG solution tower. The candidate for this position must be able to pro-actively provide data support with the ability to clearly articulate the findings of any analysis through the creation of presentations and detailed commentary to senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have experience with management, data mining, project management and developing new processes. Creates, reviews and reports status of activities to ensure team’s progress is being accomplished toward specified project objectives and directs and/or modifies methodology as required. The role requires the candidate to turn multiple sources of information into actionable data sets to assist Senior VP of sales and directors of sales in identifying trends, anomalies, or other points of interest that require further investigation relative to our sales results, revenue, and P&L. Techniques used to create the data sets include data mining, segmentation and modeling.
- Sales analysis and trending
- Track gross/disconnect/net add trends
- Churn identifiers and high risk accounts
- Whitespace analysis
- Forecast trending
- Development and maintenance of automated Sales Management and Sales Rep Scorecards
- Development of tools to track new and existing initiatives
- i.e. interactive dashboards, salesforce.com enhancements, WAVE Analytics, online reports and scorecards
- Lead the development of mobilized Business Intelligence (Tableau, Roambi, etc).
- Support of strategic initiatives
- Executive presentations
- Provides analytics for executive support staff in the form of sales results, trends, analysis and commentary
Bachelor's degree in finance or business administration
- Excellent analytical and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Fluent in Teradata SQL
- Strong knowledge Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (creation and management of OLAP Cubes)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher administration (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Visual Studio 2010 or higher
- Salesforce.com and Wave Analytics experience preferred
- Experience managing and leading people
- Strong database knowledge, database administration skills, and experience with the
- Expert knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce.com reporting and dashboards
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6500295-mgr-sales-ops