What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be managing a team tasked with analyzing data and presenting insights to our key stakeholders. With your analytical, big data and reporting expertise, you’ll provide the information that will guide strategy and decision making across our business. You’ll lead the team that will be analyzing and gathering information about what’s going on across our lines of business and transforming data into insights and recommendations to improve performance.
- Guiding and implementing the business intelligence strategy.
- Managing a team with different levels of experience to carry out the analysis and reporting.
- Championing the capabilities of the team and value of data-driven decision making to leaders.
- Presenting complex concepts and results to multiple stakeholders.
- Developing the Business Intelligence function, talent, and capabilities.
Reporting to Director of HR Strategy & Performance, Sr. Manager-BI will lead the Wireless HR Analytics team and design and deliver on the data & analytics strategy for Verizon Wireless HR. By leveraging advanced reporting, analytics, applied statistics, and research, the team will deliver critical business intelligence to shape business decisions and HR team’s strategy and operations.
As an expert team leader with high level leadership exposure, Sr. Manager - BI will:
- Design and execute on the data & analytics strategy for Wireless HR team
- Lead a team of data scientists and analysts to deliver workforce and business intelligence through advanced reporting, scorecards and dashboards, and predictive/prescriptive analytics
- Collaborate with HR, cross-functional partners, and business groups to identify and frame critical business needs into analytic priorities; develop and deliver on action plans and roadmaps
- Manage national analytics projects, ensuring timely delivery and alignment to evolving organizational short and long term priorities
- Recommend solutions through reporting, analytics, deep-dive business studies, benchmarking, and industry best practices research
- Partner with key stakeholders, including HRIS and IT, to design and implement sustainable and agile data structures, reporting & analytics systems, and end-user tools
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to promote appropriate data governance, processes, policies, and stewardship
- Design and develop stories and visualizations to communicate insights and recommendations to Senior Leadership, HR, and other stakeholders
- Build analytic acumen and capabilities within HR and provide ongoing consultative support to clients and stakeholders
- Participate in external professional organizations and networks to understand and leverage emerging analytical trends
What we’re looking for...
You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories---and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You make connections between data derived from different sources and synthesize it into one complete picture. You know that different team members and stakeholders have different needs and you flex your style and approach to be most effective. You’re the type of person that takes pride in seeing those that you mentor develop, mature and succeed. People trust you and come to you for advice and counsel. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple highly visible projects with lots of competing priorities.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Data management, architecture, analysis and visualization experience.
- Experience analyzing complex data, preparing reports, and presenting findings to multiple stakeholders.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree. Ideally, a M.S. or MBA.
- Team management experience.
- Created reports, dashboards, and presentations to highlight key metrics to stakeholders in different functions and levels.
- Managed multiple complex high-visibility projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Technical experience with SCL, VBA, SPSS, Teradata, Tableau, Java, Python, R.
- Trained and mentored IT partners and business users on analytic platforms and best practices.
- Familiarity with consumer, financial services, or technology sector. Ideally, multi-channel distribution.
- Experience leading design, implementation, and management of data & analytics programs
- Highly analytical with ability to deliver accurate and timely information in a highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects, multiple priorities, and make trade-offs to deliver effective solutions in a timely fashion
- Analytical, critical thinking, and decision‐making skills
- Facilitation, negotiation, and influencing skills
- High professional standards for customer service, confidentiality, integrity, and quality of work
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to articulate linkage between business needs and analytical findings; experience presenting to executives
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6750213-senior-business-intelligence-manager
• Post ID: 100520383 newyork