At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
National Compliance is responsible for overseeing Verizon Wireless policies, processes, people and systems and partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks facing the business unit. The Senior Manager of Non Sales Compliance (including Service, Finance, and Marketing Operations and Procurement) is responsible for leading a team that addresses risks and process or operational gaps.
- Direct a team of professionals to manage all aspects of risk inherent in the department or function and make decisions concerning the scope of work to be performed based on those risks. Assess current and potential risks based on the potential financial, legal and reputation impacts to the company. Develop, design and implement a compliance strategy and make recommendations to senior management. Develop and implement prioritized work plans based on the risk assessment and business partner feedback. Continually determine modifications to strategy as needed to support business priorities and perceived risks to profitability and asset protection.
- Provide leadership in designing and implementing controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy, including the design of reporting to monitor processes or existing controls, the repair of controls that are not functioning as intended, assessment of potential new and developing threats, and the enhancement of the control environment. Ensure adequate coverage of significant risks through delegation of resources for monitoring and review of standard reports, risk model analysis and associated field work.
- Promote the team’s professional development. Ensure all team members receive consistent and relevant development plans.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to key stakeholders in various Market and Corporate business units. Provide recommendations/ advice/assistance regarding controls and compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal customers, including senior Market, and HQ leaders. Communicate timely and accurate information regarding findings and improvement recommendations for senior management and monitor management’s improvement actions. Prepare and deliver presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to senior management.
- Provide leadership in developing and completing thorough and accurate investigations based on limited information. Direct a team of professionals who will research transactions, processes and investigate allegations of misconduct in the department. Partner with Corporate Security, Legal, Human Resources and other teams to ensure completion of investigations and necessary disciplinary action.
- Support other audit groups—including Corporate Auditing Services and public accountants—in planning and completing their audit engagements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Criminal Justice, Math, or Information Systems; or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of work experience with a concentration in operational Compliance, business controls or Finance.
- Five or more years of managing professionals responsible for managing all aspects of risk in a fast-paced technology organization.
- Experience driving complex solutions and analytics to provide ongoing and automated monitoring of key risks.
- Experience formulating, affecting, interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Working knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools (Tableau, Cognos, Idea, Excel) with the ability to perform in-depth analyses of large datasets to identify activities that require compliance investigation.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks and control gaps.
- Project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently leveraging organization and time-management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analytics and presentation.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Experience with report writing/database software such as Cognos Impromptu and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9.1 and Siterra.
- Telecommunications experience.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6043521-senior-compliance-manager-risk-management
• Post ID: 102646083 newyork