Senior Mechanical Engineer
RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC
Location: New York, New York 10001
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Project Management / Program Management
Founded in 1987, RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC is a 90-person Manhattan-based firm that designs, specifies, and administers restoration, upgrade, and adaptive re-use programs on behalf of owners, managers, and co-op and condo boards.
We are seeking a senior mechanical engineer with experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and fire protection systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review plans
- Prepare written reports and studies
- Interact with clients
- Administer MEP upgrade projects
- Prepare renderings and supporting graphics for project presentations
- Develop design and technical solutions through all phases of a project, from feasibility to construction documentation
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase
- Design and specify HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection systems
- Provide timely analytical solutions to evaluate mechanical configurations from a structural viewpoint
- Conduct verification/benchmarking of analytical results to test data/instrumentation
- Determine HVAC load, specs, sizing equipment, ductwork, and piping
Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
RAND Offers a comprehensive benefits package that features health and dental coverage, a company sponsored vision plan, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, long-term disability, life-insurance, educational opportunities, transit and parking exemptions, employee gym on site, yoga, kickboxing, personal trainer, employee referral program, career development, casual Fridays, and holiday parties. In 6 different years, (including 2016), RAND has been voted one of Crain’s Top 100 Places to Work in NYC.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference ad MEP.
- New York State PE license required
- 5 years’ experience in residential and commercial projects, particularly multi-family buildings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce and manage a project from programming through design and construction administration, in a team environment
- Experience with construction administration of projects, including shop drawings review, site visits and reports
- Mechanical design
• Post ID: 138360597 newyork