This position directly manages the Campus Program and Leadership DevelopmentProgram for IT. This position will also manage women initiatives that promote women in technology across Verizon organizations such as Product, Network and IT.
- Develop, coach, and lead organizational and talent transformation.
- Recruit, align and retain top talent in our Leadership DevelopmentProgram (LDP).
- Align LDP talent within the organization to meet business plan objectives with coaching, mentoring, and ensuring development plans are in place for strong rotations.
- Partner with HR on LDPs to support career growth and develop the next generation of leaders aligned with goals and objectives of the organization.
- Drive mentoring program than incorporates both current LDPs and Alumni to keep LDPs connected and opening network opportunities.
- Interact and influence senior level executives (Director, Exec Dir, VP, SVP & CIO) to drive strategic planning, analysis, business process re-engineering, and seamless execution to drive a New Verizon culture
- Determine the appropriate hiring requirements for new talent in the CIO organizations based on variables and drivers specific to the individual circumstances in the portfolio such as: attrition, new skills sets, reorganizations, financials and rotations. Talent acquisition will be from New College Hires, VLDPs, Interns, and experienced workers.
- Set the college recruiting strategy, forecasted needs, and execution plans across the CIO portfolios partnered with HR to recruit the right talent from the right schools focused on the skill sets needed in the appropriate geographic locations to successfully deliver our business priorities.
- Lead and shape the strategy for IT campus events in partnership with HR to enhance the success rate of recruitment activity and IT participation and representation.
- Enhance the onboarding process and mentoring programs to ensure our new hires have a positive consistent work experience at Verizon that will stem attrition of valued talent. These strategies are critical to protect the investment we are making in all new hires and interns that will drive the right talent in the right place on the right teams.
- Develop an implement a Campus Hire 18-month program to provide Campus hires a best-in-class experience. This includes training sessions, 30-60-90 day plans, mentors, as well as interactions with executives. This program will drive higher retention rates and ensure our new hires are integrated into the Verion culture.
- Lead Women in Technology programs that promotes Women. This will designing different events across many organizations across different band levels. This will require strong communication and negotiation skills as well as building strategic relationships with executives to execute such programs.
- Drive recruiting strategies at National Conferences to attract talent that supports talent forecast. Partner with various HR organizations to ensure we are well respented at events, raising brand awareness, and hosting appropriate events to attract top talent.
- Forecast, manage, and track all expenses related to campus activities. This includes but not limited to ensure all invoices are processed on time, providing acurate outlook, and partner with finance and HR to account for all expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ten or more years of combined experience in IT and Business Unit driving standard solutions implementation across portfolios and lines of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in internal and external communications.
- Ability to interact and provide executive level communications to VPs, SVPs, EVPs and CIOs.
- Lead, negotiate, and influence executive-level discussions.
- Prior experience creating and maintaining high visibility relationships with CIO-level leaders.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple CIO portfolios and business unit partners.
- Strong communication, analytical and project management skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6722854-senior-program-manager
• Post ID: 99383468 newyork