Sports Media Network - Account Manager - Jobs In Sports (New York)
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:24 PM
Sports Media Network is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include Sports Media Network website, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and business. With more than 150 million people visiting its properties each month, Sports Media Network is a top 10 web property globally.
Responsible for maintaining and building the territorys advertising revenue and exceeding, where possible, revenue goals. Sell, maintain, and service existing accounts primarily through telephone sales calls. Continually prospect for new clients and secure incremental revenue through closing new business. Develop strong client relationships over the phone, work with Network Sales Managers to transition where appropriate business to inside/outside coverage. Create and/or review sales reports, campaign reports and forecasts.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles. They will set and own territory sales agenda including: prioritizing and organizing sales calls for maximum dollars. Coordinate with and direct account coordinator in handling territory maintenance issues. Produce regular forecast reports for sales and business management. Review RFP proposals and make preliminary recommendations. Coordinate daily with Inside Sales Director regarding territory strategy and execution plan. Complete regular call reports to update sales management on account activity.
Qualify potential advertisers and when appropriate coordinate meetings between outside sales person and client.
- Grow territory/account revenue to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Review RFP proposals and make recommendations
- Lead the development of account and territory strategies for long term revenue growth
- Secure strategic level relationships with client contacts within the account list or territory region
- Qualify potential advertiser and when appropriate coordinate meetings between outside sales person and clients
- Coordinate with and direct account coordinator in resolving territory maintenance issues
- Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information regarding revenue and or advertiser relationships
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers, direct reports (if applicable), customers (internal and external), and company management.
Ideal candidates will have an understanding of high tech and consumer marketing. They will understand how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies business models. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally. They will have a strong desire to win, and to continually develop their personal and professional skills. Strong computer skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once.
- 1-2 years of high tech advertising sales experience
- 6 months of on-line sales preferred
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- BS/BA degree or equivalent training and experience required
- Proven sales and account service achievements
*Must successfully pass a background check
• Post ID: 36338538 newyork