The Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for day to day operational results, strategic direction, and overall analytics for the Verizon forward supply chain. Specific functions include the creation and maintenance of processes for the allocation of wireless devices & accessories across an omni-channel platform. This will require the thorough understanding of market conditions, including inventory, sell-thru, and upcoming promotion plans. The manager will formulate best practices in supply chain and enterprise channel management to manage each channel’s needs / expectations and ensure product availability.
This role will require extensive partnering with various internal and external teams to develop and implement a robust replenishment process as well as advise & influence the S&OP process. The manager will lead supply chain-optimization related projects involving cross functional teams at an aggressive pace on an enterprise-wide scale. He or she will also have significant leadership experience, demonstrated successes driving cross-functional process improvement, enabling tangible benefit to the business. The candidate will be the catalyst for driving continuous improvement while leading the day to day operations.
This is a high impact, highly visible, multi-business/multi-market position in the Supply Chain organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Supply chain experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- E2E Supply Chain Experience– Five or more years of relevant experience. Depth of expertise in end-to-end supply chains, established effectiveness with managing inventory improvement initiatives with a focus in Supply Planning, Inventory Optimization, CPFR processes, and S&OP processes.
- Leadership- Highly developed leadership skills and the proven ability to engage, influence, and develop collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Strategic Planning- Ability to understand and think strategically and implement long term plans in parallel to day to day supply management, can handle both long term and short term goals simultaneously.
- Project Management- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines; manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented work environment.
- Problem Solving- Strong problem solver with ability to resolve conflicts, assertive, good in both written and oral communications with ability to create and deliver executive presentations
- Process Improvement– Ability to drive continuous improvement; make recommendations for and lead change initiatives around policies, procedures and processes that will improve Supply Chain effectiveness.
- Data Analysis Experience– Ability to apply advanced analytic techniques such as optimization, simulation, data mining and statistics to design, implement, validate and refine mathematical models and algorithms to understand and optimize supply chain.
- Replenishment– Experience managing replenishment activities out of a distribution center.
- Education -Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6505397-supply-chain-planning-manager