What you’ll be doing...
- Lead and manage a global team of talented engineers supporting maintenance and enhancement of OSS applications supporting Verizon's VOICE/VOIP suite of products.
- Review the deliverables for each release for code quality, architecture, business impact, deployment plan and post production support plan to ensure deliverables deliver intended business benefit without negatively impacting customers
- Provide periodic status to management on progress of deliverables
- Establish and ensure the adherence of practical best practices for development, testing, deployment, post production support
- Track code quality and performance KPIs in production on a regular basis to ensure they are progressing well; report the same to management on a periodic basis
- Ensure issues and requests for support in production are resolved based on SLA commitments
- Guide the teams to setup necessary monitors in production to ensure performance ; institute processes to resolve issues based on alarms from the monitors
- Ensure applications are compliant with Verizon Policies on a periodic basis, including code quality scans, application vulnerability scans, and security/policy compliance certifications
- Establish and maintain good rapport with IT system POCs, testing teams, business users, and product marketing teams; ensure seamless communication between all the teams participating in a delivery
- Understand business priorities and guide the teams to prioritize work based on the same
- Understand the current functions and pitfalls of the existing applications so they are overcome as the applications are modernized
- Find innovative ways to reduce issues needing IT support in production with the help of automation tools
- Recognize outstanding achievements by team members in supporting customers and enabling Verizon keep promises made to customers
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
- Ten or more years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Java/J2EE, SQL and Unix
- Detailed understanding of OSS systems, orchestration and tasking
- Experience with managing end-to-end deliverables of initiatives supporting critical business needs
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and keep the teams motivated
- Ability to learn new business processes, products quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with VOIP provisioning processes preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6741301-systems-engineering-manager
• Post ID: 99805823 newyork